Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There. I've said it.

Three weeks ago when DH started playing I told him I was seeing the beginning of the end of our marriage. He thought I was joking.

Do I look like I'm joking???

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

I 'lost' my DH to WoW for about a year and a half.
He finally burned himself out on it and has cancelled his account. Now onto the next PC game *sigh*

(FYI, I did play for a while, and got sucked in pretty bad, but I guess I just don't have as long of an attention span as he does, cause I only lasted a few months or so before I got tired of it
)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I empathize

·
Banned
370 Posts
I am a Warcraft widow too. Dh only plays late at night now, when he is shifting his schedule from days to nights. It got really really bad for awhile.

Sorry

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I see posts like this and I am thankful my dh doesn't play any games. It seems like more often than not they cause issues in a family. Sorry mamas

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade2561
Guildwars is my current nemisis.
Use to be mine but they he pretty much did everything he could on the game even the expansion LOL

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Anyone's husband go online? (I don't know if there's an option to play by yourself; I know nothing about the game!) I wonder if any of our husbands have ever played together.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
City of Villains is mine. If ya'll remember the nice wonderful thread my DH started, he "assumed" *I* was the one addicted to it. HA HAHAH HA No...he is. Heck he even plays on *MY* days to play gosh darnit...I just want some time to unwind from being at DD's beck and call all day!

*sigh*

And in order to play one of those games together, one needs to get two seperate accounts. That costs more money than some couples (like us) are willing to afford.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by annakiss
I'm so glad my DH self-weaned.

lol Husband Lead weaning? Can we start a subforum for that?

*giggle*

·
Banned
370 Posts
Annakiss!

My Dh is now on a schedule and isn't doing on demand anymore.

My Dh only plays online. I have to say it did honestly affect our marriage in a bad way for quite a while. I am so-----o greatful he has kinda gotten out of it. Sometimes on his days off he will ask if I mind if he play A (as in one) game. When he is staying up all night shifting it does help keep him awake and for that it is really good for him, the kids and I are asleep then.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
i'm so sorry for those of you for whom this has become a real problem.
we're actually the opposite...we find that it is a really fun way to connect with each other. we look forward to being able to WoW together (as well as with my brother who lives very far away). but anything that drives a wedge between a couple isn't a good thing, no matter what it is.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
My DP doesn't play WoW, but it's the same song and dance. He used to play Dark Age of Camelot, and I thought it was that game he was seemingly obsessed with. I later found out that it's just the act of sitting there and playing a game, because he switched the game he was playing a number of times, and now he sits there and plays Dungeons & Dragons online (geek).

He will literally sit there for hours and hours at night. I am sure that he doesn't get the sleep that he needs. Sometimes I think he stays there until 4 or 5 in the morning, when he has to get up by 8 or 9. When I was 9 mos pregnant and miserable, he spent most of his time there. It is the most aggravating thing ever. I've learned that there is nothing I can do to change it, so I just try and deal. I take care of dd all day long, and I am often doing some online work at night, plus I do almost all of the housework, and anything he does do is because I had to resort to nagging.

Can I just have a tantrum of my own?
: IT'S NOT FAIR!!!
:

sigh... Do excuse the rant.

I feel for ya mama. Hang in there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamalisa
I see posts like this and I am thankful my dh doesn't play any games. It seems like more often than not they cause issues in a family. Sorry mamas

Me too!!!! One thing that I hear from other women about their dh and gaming is the $$ they spend and the time they spend not on their family. My dh has played in the past with the kids for a little while but I bet seriously it has been a year since he has played the PS2.

My boys have a few PS2 games and there PS2 hasn't worked for months and I haven't gotten around to getting it serviced. I have to say it has been so nice. There is never the battles of what games to play together or someone wanting to play a game and someone wanting to watch tv.

feel for ya mama....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
DH stopped playing call of duty a couple of months ago. It caused a lot of tension between it. He swore it was good stress release but it put him in a baaad place. He would be cranky after playing it, he played for hours and I had a hard time getting to sleep at night listening to him swearing and punching the desk. And he would swear and hit things in front of the children. It got to the point that our 3yo would say "Oh daddy, stop it!" If he were to start playing again there would be problems.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
don't know about you ladies, but I LOVE the games.

I have an account on everything from Starwars to Dungeons and Dragons. Warcraft to Guildwars. They are are all fantastic. I play whichever I want each month.

However, I don't play for hours each day, but I still get the fill.

*side note, really do feel sorry for those of you with SO's/Husbands that get sucked in. Can be addicting.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshua
don't know about you ladies, but I LOVE the games.

I have an account on everything from Starwars to Dungeons and Dragons. Warcraft to Guildwars. They are are all fantastic. I play whichever I want each month.

However, I don't play for hours each day, but I still get the fill.

*side note, really do feel sorry for those of you with SO's/Husbands that get sucked in. Can be addicting.
Yosua: Meet me on City of Villains, Guardian Server. Either Sybil Nightside on Heroes side or Rogue Ivy on Villains side...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.