Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first two children weren't vaccinated, but after my husband and I separated he took them and got them completely caught up...but that's a story for another day.<br><br>
My husband (current, not ex-) and I had a talk and I agreed that we would vaccinate our little man (he's almost 5 months now) if he would not debate me on not circumcising. Good news...he ended up being completely okay with leaving our son intact after doing research.<br><br>
At DS's 2 month appointment I had his shots given and I couldn't stand it. They were really rough about it and he fell asleep for a looooong time after that and I felt like he seemed a bit traumatized. He then ran a low grade fever for two days. I know that's normal, but I hate seeing him miserable like that. After all this I just don't want him to get his other vaccinations. I made an agreement with my husband and I don't want to go back on it, but the thought of getting him ore shots really rubs me the wrong way. I've considered just talking to my husband about delaying.<br><br>
How does a delayed schedule work? What's the age that a person doing delayed vax usually starts getting them done?<br><br>
I also think I may be able to convert DH into not wanting him to be vaccinated if I can provide him with *unbiased* ways to research. He's fairly open-minded about all things crunchy, this is the only one he's been so stubborn about. In the case this may work...do you have any good website recommendations?<br><br>
Have any of you had this disagreement with your SO?

·
Registered
875 Posts
<p>I guess I would suggest the Dr. Sears book to start with... (sorry, I know you asked for sites...)</p>
<p>I don't think it's crunchy and probably is as unbiased it gets (while addressing both pro-vax and sel/del/non vax issues)...</p>
<p>plus it's a lot of starting info in one book, not having to jump around websites... better to make it as easy as possible... I think the Dr. Sears site has a lot of the same info too?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sears addresses sel/del options, and I believe it is fairly popular for people doing delayed to wait until 2 yrs? Or I guess depending on their situations, like when a kid might enter daycare... maybe some parents would choose some vax then. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My DH is not very willing to research, or even really read when I give him things! So I kinda get my way by default.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ETA - Even if your husband isn't thrilled about delaying, maybe you could more easily convince him about spacing out shots more? Also, if you are doing the full schedule, but want to do more selective... Hep B isn't really that important for infants - maybe that would be a good way to start, with info about Hep B...? <a href="http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/B/bFAQ.htm#overview" target="_blank">http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/B/bFAQ.htm#overview</a></p>
<p>scroll down to "How is it Spread" and "Who is at risk." It is usually an easy sell to delay that one a bit...</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts