Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That a LOT of us will have our babies next weekend.

There is a full moon on the 2nd of July, next friday.

Midwifer had her babe on the new moon, I wonder just how many of us will end up with our babes on the full moon?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am so hoping for July 2nd, as well. Fingers crossed over here ~ I'm ready. I've got an appt that afternoon and, if I haven't made anymore progress, they're going to "discuss" induction by week 41.
That's what they think. Been there, done that and there is no way it's happening again.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
on the one hand, i really hope you're right!

... on the other hand, i'm thinking...

* i'd love to go to 42 weeks and have a wonderful unnassisted home birth w/ a perfectly healthy, happy little baby, and prove all those idiots wrong who say that women shouldn't go past 40 (or 38, or 36...).......

* there's still so much to do! laundry, dishes, mopping, sweeping...

* i haven't even gotten the paperwork in to my health insurance office yet and it's been two months, how can i possibly expect to be responsible enough to handle two kids?!?!
(ok, there are other issues w/ the paperwork... but STILL.)

* i love feeling the baby move.
i'll be so sad when this is all over.

.... etc.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Oh, please not me! I am soooooo not ready. And I would only be 37 weeks...

On the other hand, my MW told me not to worry about getting stuff ready, "All you need is a boob and a bed. Other people can get stuff organized for you."

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by reader
"All you need is a boob and a bed.
I like your MW! Simplicity is key.

There are a lot of us due next weekend, as well as the full moon. I really hope that not too many of us who aren't due go into labour next weekend, just us due mammas.

Healthy babies for all!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:

On the other hand, my MW told me not to worry about getting stuff ready, "All you need is a boob and a bed. Other people can get stuff organized for you."

Sounds like a smart lady. I need to remember that as I get going on, er, projects, lol.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I'm really hoping for a 4th of July baby
I think it would be so cool to always have fireworks and celebrating going on on your birthday....Also, it's always a holiday from work. Of course, whatever day he decides to come will always be a holiday for me

·
Registered
447 Posts
Quote:

Your midwife is right and wrong. Everyone else would get it organized and then it would take me 3 weeks instead of one to figure out what the heck they did with everything and reorganize it the right way so that I could function with three kids!! Thankfully I will be off work after this week!!

My parents have a week's vacation out of state planned from July 12-18, so this baby can't come before that because we will have nobody to watch our older kids!

·
Registered
418 Posts
For those of us due a little later (I'm due the 21st), I'm hoping for a Full MOON baby on July 31st.

But, in all actuality, I want the baby to come when ready.

Does anybody know if the full moon makes things flow more smoothly/quickly/easily?

I know it puts a lot of women into labor!

I heard someone say that the New Moon Babies have awesome Moon Energy and the Full Moon Babies have awesome Sun Energy. Either way: light.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
i've been thinking about this...

i really want to go see the fireworks display w/ my son, because he's only ever seen fireworks in movies and books and i think he'd love seeing them...

but if i go into labor on the full moon, we won't be able to go!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I will only be at 37 weeks so hope the full moon doesn't push this babe out too soon. However, he/she's apparently already measuring over 7 pounds so I wouldn't worry if it happened. Plus, b/c of GD my midwives and ob's keep talking about maybe having to induce early or at 40 weeks latest and I REALLY don't want that ...... would make natural birth soooooo much harder.

Can't wait to hear all the birth stories this coming weekend though!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Snowbaby ~ I was in your shoes last time around and got induced at 40 weeks. Hope they let you wait that long and that induction isn't even necessary. I know "they" are usually sticklers for birthing by 40 weeks, but that's not too much longer to wait and see. Good luck!

·
Registered
650 Posts
we'll still be incubating
, while you guys are birthing~
my lil guy is only 36 wks
We're trying for an 8 pounder this time..after that labor scare at 30wks (and my midwife blamed the moon, cuz she had 2 births that day as well!)..he can just stay put and grow.

Chloe was born when all the planets were aligned though..so I do belive in moon phases and such..just don't know enough about it

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So many of us are due on this weekend, as to my prediction, and the fact that the moon is full.I want everyone to incubate fully!!
Maybe a lot of you will have your babies (who aren't due soon) on the next new moon.

It should be interesting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.