Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot open your discussion thread for fear of being spoiled!<br><br>
I am halfway through the 4th season, and I admit that I don't think I am smart enough for this show <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/bag.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="Bag"> At any point does it really make sense? And I have seen each season so far multiple times. So many story lines, so many characters <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/dizzy.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="Dizzy"><br><br>
So am I a lost <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/wink1.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="wink1"> cause? <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/lol.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="lol">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,288 Posts
<a href="http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129132768369704615.png" target="_blank">http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/...8369704615.png</a>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
It might get *bit* better for you, but honestly, I don't think Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof even know what's going on <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/lol.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="lol">
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,346 Posts
Well the middle seasons, before they had chosen when the resolution of the show would be, were full of storylines that basically dragged out the truth. It does get better, this last season has been the best one in quite awhile because we finally get things resolved and it doesn't drag out forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,232 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>JamieCatheryn</strong> <a href="/community/forum/post/15437687"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style="border:0px solid;"></a></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;"><a href="http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/129132768369704615.png" target="_blank">http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/...8369704615.png</a></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
LOL!! That's too funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,595 Posts
I'm on season 5 and am completely confused as to where they're going. I hope season 6 spells it all out for me. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="smile">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,473 Posts
I want the last 6 yrs of my life back. That is all. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/irked.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="irked"> I'll sum it up in one word: Frustrating.<br><br>
ETA: Ok, 2 words: Frustrating. Fascinating.<br><br>
I still find myself interested, but I never did make sense of a lot of things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
None of the big questions were answered (what is the island, numbers, dharma, etc) and I feel like I wasted my time. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/banghead.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="banghead"><img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/img/vbsmilies/smilies/eyesroll.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="roll">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
I think the show was ultimately more about the characters and their relationships than all the mysteries of the island. There were lots of times stuff didn't make sense and I think you'll make yourself crazy trying to make the connections and sense of it 100% of the time. Somewhere in the middle I just "let go" and went along for the ride and was totally happy at the end. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="smile">
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,501 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>lauriem33</strong> <a href="/community/forum/post/15439673"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style="border:0px solid;"></a></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I think the show was ultimately more about the characters and their relationships than all the mysteries of the island. There were lots of times stuff didn't make sense and I think you'll make yourself crazy trying to make the connections and sense of it 100% of the time. Somewhere in the middle I just "let go" and went along for the ride and was totally happy at the end. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="smile"></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
This, 100%. I am so glad I stuck with it, even during what I thought were the less interesting storylines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>lauriem33</strong> <a href="/community/forum/post/15439673"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/community/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style="border:0px solid;"></a></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I think the show was ultimately more about the characters and their relationships than all the mysteries of the island. There were lots of times stuff didn't make sense and I think you'll make yourself crazy trying to make the connections and sense of it 100% of the time. Somewhere in the middle I just "let go" and went along for the ride and was totally happy at the end. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="smile"></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
That's what I did, and I totally enjoyed it all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
<img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/lol.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="lol"> Dawningmama! We cross posted to say the exact same thing.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top