Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took a pregnancy test this morning. i have been having some symptoms that I really didnt know what to think of, and so I thought I would rule out pregnancy. I have only had 3 cycles because of nursing, and so I couldnt rely on that.

so, I took a test, and I went to look at it, and its negative, no wait, is that a line? no its not. well, maybe it is? no not there. I couldnt figure out if it was my eyes playing tricks on me. So I held it up to the bathroom light. Ok, definately a line there, but not really visible to the naked eye. I thought maybe the line is just built into the test and shows up when the test is taken? There is another test in the box, so I open it, and hold the test i havent used up to the light. NOTHING there. Ok, blows that theory.

So since the test is already open, I take that too. SAME thing. line, no line, maybe line to my eyes, but up against the light, a line.

um, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
How long after you took the test was there a "line". It could be an evaporation line. How many DPO do you think you are? If I were you I would go to a Dollar Store and stock up and test every morning until I got a definitive answer... but then again I love testing

Best of luck!!

Oh you can check www.peeonastick.com there are lots of different pictures of different kinds of tests.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I was "test-obsessed" when ttc #2 & #3. IME, any line is a positive line
However, as long as you are reading that line within that 10 minute time lapse. I used to hang on to the tests all day and keep re-checking. Sometimes I would think I saw a line and all it was, was the evaporation line ( which shows up as the test dries out ).
If the line was visible, even only a little bit, in less then 10 minutes....I would take care of yourself as if pregnancy is happening. AND I would take another test in a few days and see if the line is darker.

~*~*~*~* sticky pregnant vibes coming your way *~*~*~

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Maybe an evaporation line? I dunno, I guess all you can likely do is wait a few days & retest. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the first test, I was only half awake, so I forgot about it and read it at 10 minutes, and didnt hold it up to the light until a few minutes later.

the second one I was thinking I was crazy so started checking right away. like 4-5 minutes maybe?

i have no idea when I ovulated, dont keep track.

DH and I were "together" on the 17th and 20th. (yeah my crazy DH keeps track
)

I have had an evaporation line before, but it was always the next day or so later.

I feel like I am insane? I dont care either way, I just want to KNOW! right NOW! I am so imaptient

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
If you don't feel like buying a dozen cheap tests and driving yourself crazy (which is what I did
), get the EPT digital test which says, PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT. Sweet! That's what I finally had to do after continuing to get those faaaaaaint little lines.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
If there is a line, even if it is very faint, you are probably pregnant, as long as it appears within 10-15 minutes. A line that appears hours or days later is an evaporation line. Sometimes, you can want it so bad that you imagine one though, as I used to do.

·
Registered
876 Posts
i had a super-faint, there/not there line with dd. tested again the next day, and it was darker. waited 2 more days to test again, and the line showed up while i was peeing
:

as the concentration of hormones gets stronger, the line will get bolder. PITA to keep peeing on a stick, i know, but that's the only advice i got!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would definitely take a digital test!!!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
It kind of depends on the color of the line and how long it took to get there. If there is a little dent or a strip where a second line would be, that is the place that they treat the test strip with whatever it is that reacts with urine to give you a +. It is always there, but it is even easier to see after you've used it. If there is a greyish line, that is usually an evap line.

Also, depending on the brand, some tests are notorious for giving evaporation lines, dollar tree tests are awful that way. The digital test may not be as sensitive as some of the other tests, I think one of them the "early" one can detect from 25-50 mIU of hcg, but other tests, like first response, can test 25 or sometimes lower. If you can manage to wait to test again in a couple of days, that would most likely give you a more accurate result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts