Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, after i came home and wrote this http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=488003 , i decided the only reasonable thing to do after such a stressfull week would be to give birth.

wow. labour and delivery at home were everything i'd hoped for and nothing i'd expected! we decided to keep it to just me and dh, who is amazing. afterward we went to the hospital because ds was having a little trouble breathing and his face was completely blue ... we later learned that the blue didn't have anything to do with the breathing, but was bruising because his head was so big!
the hospital was (of course) less than pleasurable, but not terrible. the staff was mostly wonderful, and only a few people gave me any hard time about being a difficult patient. i'll write out the whole birth story soon because a lot went on. some things i just want to sing about, others i would like to vent about. the bottom line, though, is that i have a beautiful son and i can't remember ever feeling this opened up to the world and refreshed.

Kai Tethrael
8lb 5oz
20.5"
huge head full of blonde hair
favours boobs and naps
cries like a hamster

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
Congratulations on your son! Enjoy him while he is small, because if he is anything like my son, he will be big before you know it!

·
Registered
359 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
I am sooo happy for you!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!

Today has been good, and it was wondefrul to come home and see happy news, especially after all you went through!!!.

~Moose

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Welcome little guy, Kai!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Oh, how wonderful! Welcome Kai! I can't wait to read your birth story!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh YAY! Congratulations:) Welcome Kai! I love the name (loved it so much I named my dog Kai cause I didn't have any baby boy to name Kai)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
congrats! my dd had a normal head but still quite mushed and bruised and yet beautiful!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts

welcome little kai!

have some arnica diluted in water for the bruising?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts