Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm jealous! My babe doesn't move as much as I wish s/he did! I remember my other two moving a lot more than this, although it is still pretty early, I guess... I do feel some movement, but it isn't consistent or constant...

Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I laughed at this too. My baby has really active days and fairly quiet days. Sometimes he feels like he is doing somersaults and flips in there with a couple roundhouse kicks to my bladder thrown in for fun. He feels like a little chick trying to wriggle out of his shell.
Other days (after he has worn himself out?) he mostly rests with only a few gentle wiggles, taps and pokes.

Overall, though, I'm either I'm prone to feeling movement early or my baby is really active. I know w/certainity now that those little flutters and pokes I felt way back at 11 weeks was movement because they felt just like what I feel now but weaker in strength.

It is such an AWESOME feeling though. I can already imagine missing these feelings after birth. Of course, then I'll get to feel him wriggle in my arms!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
LOL! That conjures up a funny picture!

I tried to explain this to my husband before...you know how at the pet store, they put fish in a plastic bag with water for you to take home? Well, when you hold it you can feel them wiggle on the sides, and that's what this baby feels like. Fish in a bag. Except I'm the bag and the baby is the fish.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I said this in another pose, but I'll say it again here!
My 1st ds (Axel) always had firm, strong kicks, and rambunctious movement. All the time, from 21 weeks on. This one slowly presses against a side of my belly, with intense pressure, but with it's whole body/back and creates a small football-type lump wherever. Sometimes I feel the pressing of feet or hands or head too in another place. I don't feel strong kicks, but as Finn'smama said somewhere else, muffled kicks, and for me, they're deeper.
Now I say Axel was building things and driving cars, this one is doing yoga.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.