Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really like a cover that has a hole in the front center! Just imagine a Bummis, or prowrap or anytype of cover really with a golf size circle cut out of the front center...
Here's my thinking, that way you immediately know/can feel that your baby has a wet diaper without having to undo the cover, or stick your finger in the leg hole (yucky! if the diaper is poopy!)

Yes, you could just go coverless (we usually do) but then your lap or the sling/swing/blanket/seat that your baby is on gets wet. With "my new "hole-y" cover the "seat" of the diaper is covered and there's usually nothing in contact with the center front part of the diaper.

We're trying to do EC, but wear cloth without covers so that I know as soon as I've "missed" a pee (or poop -- but that rarely happens!) A cover like this would save my arm/leg from getting wet, but I'd still be able to tell immediately when the peeing was occuring.

I guess I could just cut a hole in one of my covers but .....
:

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
so this would be for times when they weren't wearing clothes I guess.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Well, you could always do the hole and put a little pocket over it...you know, so you could stick your finger in the pocket and feel if it's wet, but you'd still have a layer between the diaper and your DC's clothes.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of a pocket -- you know... just so you can tell super easily that the diaper is wet without sticking your finger in (and getting an icky surprise) or undoing the cover.

Oh, yes, the baby wouldn't be fully dressed, just a tee shirt.
:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmm2112

Oh, yes, the baby wouldn't be fully dressed, just a tee shirt.
:
Unless you did the pocket thing- the they could be dressed, and you could still use the front hole approach vs. the in the leg hole approach as a safe means to entry...no poopy fingers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.