Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dark side being Velcro. I like snaps and so does my family in theory, but I keep finding snap fitteds on the baby backwards, on the wrong setting or hanging on by one snap, courtesy of my mother or my husband. The Velcro fitteds they get right, no problem. I remember DD1 went through a phase where she would remove Velcro but not snaps, but it was a relatively short-lived phase....

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using Osocozy fitteds. I got one by mistake and liked it so much I ordered more on purpose. I like it because it is prefold-like in durability, simple with no bells or whistles, although it does have laundry tabs. It only comes in white or unbleached, though, and it doesn't fit a wide size range.

· Registered
5,470 Posts
Juliacat, I just have to say I love reading your CD musings!

And now I really want to try some Osocozy fitteds.
The price looks pretty good. Are they pretty absorbent? And work well?

We were given a ton (I mean, seriously, 30 in each size range) of the old style All Together Diaper AIO, which is the company's older discontinued diaper, and it works fabulously, so I think I feel comfortable with the brand. I just am not a huge fan of how industrial they look and the snap tape is weird, but extremely functional.

· Registered
27,266 Posts
For people with a similar problem who can't afford new diapers, how about color-coding the snaps to use? For instance, a few stitches in embroidery floss, then it can be unpicked when it's time for the new setting.

And it'd totally be worth having "front" written on a diaper to be able to not worry about another caretaker getting it right.

Or use an iron on applique. "Okay mom, dh, remember, if you don't see the baby's face AND the fishy, the diaper is BACKWARDS. Got it?"

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Osocozies work about as well as any other fitteds. I wish I'd tried the Little Lions ones though, just because I like colors and I think it's easier to have a colored outer and unbleached inner, to tell at a glance which is the inside and which is the outside.

Dh and my mother would benefit from some lessons, but I'm so grateful to dh for supporting my cloth obsession that I don't want to criticize how he does it, and my mother tends to let things go in one ear and out the other. For now I'm trying to use only prefolds when I do the changing, and leave the Osocozies at the top of the fitteds stack for them.

· Premium Member
14,037 Posts
I will say that hook and loop tape does not preclude getting the diaper on wrong. My DH managed to put the covers on inside out several times, and I hate Aplix closures on my dipes because I rarely get them on tight enough and I wind up with poo all over my wool from leaks around the legs.

· Registered
776 Posts
With both snap and aplix/touchtape fitteds(I don't sew with Velcro) my husband had a habit of forgetting to put a cover over them. solved that(or so I thought) by making wool covers(longies, shorties and a few soakers) Well, then he started putting the fitteds on without wool, under other clothes. Finally I gave in and bought some aplix pockets just for him to use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.