Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is exciting for me! I can express colostrum from my breasts.
This morning I felt something wet inside my bra and I looked down and had this gooey stuff oozing out. I didn't get colostrum w/Ross until I was about 34 weeks or so and we had soooo many problems nursing. I feel much more confident this time around and hope that I can nurse this babe forever!!

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I know, I can't wait either! I haven't seen colostrum yet, but my poor (o)(o)s are so sore, I'm not exactly checking that often :LOL It's funny, I'd been feeling so burned out on nursing for the last several months I was really starting to be afraid I might not be able to do it again. Then, slowly but surely, the feeling that I can't wait to nurse a newborn grew as this little bean did! Our bodies are so amazing...

Melissa

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2threenurslings

: Your post reminded me that I'll soon be nursing a newborn...I can't wait!

:

Isn't it exciting?? This will be my first babe that I've actually gotten to nurse. I pumped exclusively for Ross (he had a severe muscle problem in his mouth that we didn't find out about until he was almost 3) so I'm really excited about nursing this time. I may never stop! :LOL

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Awesome!!! I think ds has been slurping mine down. I know I have some, and he's increased the nursing sessions a ton lately. I think he likes it! LOL!

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Oh Ally, you just reminded me of a funny thing! I bet I probably do have some colostrum already after all. I weaned Bell about two weeks ago from her last nursing session. She'd been asking to nurse once every few days, half jokingly but of course fully willing to jump right on if I'd said yes, LOL! One morning after we'd all had a really bad night she got overly upset about something and asked to nurse and I was so wiped out, I just said yes, but only for a quick second, and she agreed. Well, after having only been weaned maybe 7-10 days, she latched on wrong twice, sucked twice, and then pulled off and made this confused, YUCKO face!!! I asked if there was even any cheche (our word, like leche) in there, and she said yes, and then was completely done! She hasn't asked me, even jokingly, since that morning. I guess she got a big surprise, or else in just a week or so she'd become totally unaccustomed to the taste :LOL

Definitely a bittersweet moment for me, but I'm relieved the ending came so easily, especially for a kid I was sure I'd be nursing into junior high at least! So now the good stuff's all for baby brothersister, and Bella's very supportive. If you ask her what the rule is in our house, she says, "NO BABAS, ONLY CHECHES!!"

I was looking at a pic of a mom BFing in a magazine in my midwife's office y'day and got a li'l weepy
:

Melissa

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I haven't really checked, but don't think I have any yet. I didn't leak a drop and barely changed in size when I was pregnant with ds. But then-surprise! I had tons of milk and had to double up on breast pads for at least a year.

Ds weaned a while back and at the time I was defitinitely done with nursing. I'm working up to being ready to nurse a newborn again. I remember how sweet it was when ds was a tiny baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts