Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember the last time I felt this sick. Something was going around at my friends work and now I have it. It seems to be a 2 to 3 day flu, fever, chills, chest cough, the works. I feel AWFUL. My fever got pretty high and I need to bring it down a little. The APA approves tylenol (acetaminophen) for use in breastfeeding mothers...your experiences? Think it will be OK? DD is 8 wks old if that helps.

Also, would echinacea tea be safe to take?

I don't have any pumped milk. DD has always nursed so much I have never been able to pump out a freezer stash

·
Registered
463 Posts
Feel better soon. Take what you have to in order to feel well enough to take care of your baby. Very very little gets into your milk. If your 8 week old spiked a fever, you'd be told to give her tylenol or motrin, most likely. She'll get much less in your milk than he'd be dosed with if SHE were sick, if that makes you feel better about it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Echinacea is fine. I highly rec Vit C, I personally use Emergen-C and chamomile tea
Hope you feel better soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.