Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm terrified that my almost 4 month old daughter will get it. I've been up all night throwing up, and I feel weak and nausious. I'm still breastfeeding her hoping she will get the antibodies before she contracts the illness whatever it is.
My bf hasn't gotten it yet either and is staying home today to help take care of her.
I'm so scared is there any advice you can give me to help her not get it , or if she does get it what I should do?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
the best thing is for you to stay hydrated as much as possible, and keep nursing her. We've had several stomach bugs in the house through my mom years, and the nurslings always did fine.

When my older ds was an infant, everybody got a bug and was bedridden for a week. He threw up once. He had one diarrhea diaper. That was it!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Same here. All my nurslings would have extremely light cases if any of what I'd get. I've gotten some real doozies too. To put it in perspective, my DD was almost 1, Both DH & I were horribly sick for 3-5 days... she threw up once. She was almost 3.5 before she ever got really sick and that was only one night. My DS#1 has never thrown up once and he's 20 months old. Probably just cursed myself there...

The most important thing is for you to rest and stay hydrated. She'll be fine as long as you keep your milk supply up and keep on nursing her.

Sorry to hear that you are sick.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I had the flu when dd2 was just 2 months old and I was petrified as well taht she would get it. I stayed in bed for 5 days, dh would bring the baby to me to nurse her. Dh and my oldest dd got the flu, but the baby never did get any symptoms at all. Stay hydrated, get lots of rest and I hope you feel better soon

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am all better now, but my 4 mo old just puked! i'm so scared! shes not acting like herself. OH NO!!!! I'm freaking out now....i think she got it. I'm scared. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.