Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to visit and I don't think I can keep it a secret while we're there since my appetite is way off. She was very "hmmm, welll, hmmm" when I told her I was PG with DS, and was a little better with m/c #1, didn't even tell her about m/c #2 because she is always so chipper, and kept giving me the "well you can try again" line. Not helpful. She also had 3 m/c herself before having me, so I got to hear all three stories in gory detail. Nice.

So I hope she doesn't launch into that again.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wish you the best of luck in telling your mom. I wish all parents celebrated life with us instead of looking at the negative. Don't they remember how it feels to find out about pregnancy. All the hormones you have going on and that only positive is good.

Anyway, many prayers for you.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it was OK, but she did give me the line about how it was "good" that it took so long to conceive again after our first loss. Uh, almost a year? It's not that she isn't supportive, it's that she always has to "look on the bright side" of everything to the point of ubsurdity. I mean sometimes you just want someone to say, I'm sorry, that sucks. And not "well, at least it wasn't X" or "it's good that it happened that way" Yeah...good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.