Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several months ago I spoke with a woman on the phone who was having a hard time getting her son to latch. She wasn't certain if she should keep trying. I shared with her the story of my dd - who took almost 6 months to latch on all the time (she may have been around 5 1/2 months old when it clicked). I encouraged her to keep trying and gave tips on getting her baby on the breast.

She e-mailed me today. At 5 1/2 months, something finally clicked with her son. They have been exclusively nursing for a month now! I am so happy that I was able to help her and that she stuck with it. She is so happy nursing her child.

And now...I must go nurse my almost 2 year old - the one who took almost 6 months to learn to nurse.

mandy

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
You are so awesome for helping her! And kudos for you for NEVER giving up....I think a good number of women in your position would have given up...but you didn't!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I try to help people learn from my experience. I convinced a woman I met over the internet to take a breastfeeding class because the hospitals were so inept at helping and practically throw formula at you. She did so, and to my knowledge, was a successful breastfeeder. I can't get my milk back, but I too like to help others. Congratulations to all of you who gave your babies the best. Mine only got breast milk for two months, but at least I know that when it dried up, I pumped all I could. Love to all breastfeeding moms!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yay! Good for you! Both for your own breastfeeding relationship and for giving this other woman the perspective and support she needed to stick with it!

It took us 5 1/2 months to learn to nurse at the breast, too. I have never been so proud of any accomplishment as I am of perservering and making sure my child received standard nutrition.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
That is very happy.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
wonderful! my tig and i have a similar story as well. almost 6 months of ep, before he "got it" he weaned for good at just over 5 years old

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.