Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is as easy as this pregnancy has been. I have had pretty much zero of all the "symptoms" I was told I would have, baby kicks around in the mornings afternoons and evenings, and lets me sleep all night (except for peeing)the weight gains been normal, no crazy cravings...I know this all means nothing once baby gets here, but I can't help but hope that maybe easy pregnancy=easy baby

·
Registered
325 Posts
I hope so! As long as the opposite does not make for a difficult baby :)

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Well, I hope so for you, but it does not seem that everything can go that well for anyone. I had a great first pregnancy and then a horrible, horrible time with breastfeeding, and a colicky baby. My 4th was a pretty good pregnancy, although I had arm numbness in the 3rd trimester that just about made me loose my mind, but he's been an amazingly easy baby! You never know.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I might be in lala land about all this since my hubs & I were reportedly really chill babies... so we've been hoping/"assuming" :) that carries down to this baby. And my pregnancy has been much easier than I ever expected.

However, the other day at my MW appt she did a manual inversion to flip 'em (@36wks) and she kept saying the baby just didn't want to move, was being "stubborn" and seemed to want to keep moving back to head up, and it took quite awhile and was pretty rough. That's when I thought, Haha! Maybe this baby won't be so chill after all :)

Who knows!
orngbiggrin.gif
Gonna find out soon anyway! :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah Hubby and I were both easy babies as well, BUT, I'm hoping and praying that this baby is nothing like it's grandmother (my mom) she was colicky (but that might have been from the formula back in the 40's) aaaaaand through child hood, into adult hood, and still to this day, she only sleeps like 4-5 hours a night and has the attitude that sleeping is a waste of time. Whereas me and DH are both big sleepers, like 10 hours a night plus naps lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
DD was a rough pregnancy...throwing up for the first 16 weeks...and then on bedrest for high BP the last 6 weeks. Was born on her due date...average size (8lbs. 6oz.) and a perfectly chill/calm/content baby. She wouldn't even really ever cry...sometimes at night she would just thump her feet to wake us up. We thought we were pretty perfect breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, AP parents...

Then came DS. Easier pregnancy...although the docs were on high alert because he was measuring small all along. He came at 38 weeks and was so mad about life until he was about 6 months old. We learned it really has NOTHING to do with how you parent them (I mean...if you're horrible to them I guess that might fare poorly...but if you're doing the best you can at all times sometimes that just isn't enough and they let you know). It was an eye opener that we got REALLY lucky with the first...and it was SO hard with him...but now he's a happy little 3 year old boy that couldn't be sweeter and we all survived :)

I wish every baby were an easy baby...but for those of us who don't get so lucky I just want to remind you that it's nothing personal...some babies are just mad at the world for a while when they get here and I promise they will get over it :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Kahdib

I wish every baby were an easy baby...but for those of us who don't get so lucky I just want to remind you that it's nothing personal...some babies are just mad at the world for a while when they get here and I promise they will get over it :)
Thank you for that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.