Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, what is the least bulky cloth diaper option? I really want to do cloth and part time ec with my new baby, but having done more full time ec with my first, I know how much more freedom of movement they have without a diaper. I try to give ds diaper free time, but it's not as practical with # 2 and a winter baby.
Anyway, we're about to update our diaper stash. What is the least bulky way to do it? I change him pretty much every time he pees so I don't need super absorbancy.
tia

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
A regular prefold and cover is pretty darn trim! You probably wouldn't need premium if you always change right away.

I also really like my Sugar Peas hemp 2-size fitteds with a cover, trim and absorbant.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
the trimmest option would probably be flats with a PUL wrap...

otherwise I like Dream-Ez AIO's and Bum Genius organic OS AIO's for trimmness yet good absorbency.

Swaddlebee's are another trim option, but IME they leak w/heavy wetters.

For my LO's side snapping diapers have been the best fit, and still fit under jeans.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
the trimmest option would probably be flats with a PUL wrap...
:
Only since you'll be ECing, I'd use a pull on PUL cover.

If you won't EC at night, go ahead and get something bulky and absorbent for nighttime. Although it was really my struggles with figuring out how to diaper for night that made me end up just ECing at night. Turned out it was easier for my sleepy brain to deal with taking her to the toilet than doing a diaper change.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think Rocky Mountain One size, Wahmies, or really any pocket with a Loopy Do Insert would be good. The inserts are microfiber for quick absorbency w/ Hemp inside for more absorbency. Definitly thinner and work well. Otherwise I don't find the BumGenius or Tiny Tush too bulky now that my daughter is older, but for my son, depending on the insert I use, they can be a little bulky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.