Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeez. I thought I would be a really calm pregnant person- not likely! What a freak out I just had and now I feel embarrassed a little.

I have this pain on my right lower abdomen that has come and gone for about a yr and never been clearly diagnosed. I started up again 4 days ago and I got all freaked out thinking maybe appendicitis- I totally went overboard in my scaring myself.
So I called my midwife and talked all about my fear. then I felt embarrassed.
But I am just an emotional mess right now. then, just now in the midst of having this pain in my lower right abdomen (which I had for a yr off and on before pregnancy and don't know what it is) I had some brown spotting and almost cried thinking it was all over.

I sure hope that this insanity is just these hormones. I thought I would be so calm, but right now I am kind of vulnerable and freaked out! Just had to share.
Also- today when I was taking a walk with my dogs I started crying for no reason.
I feel slightly insane!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The hormones totally try to drive me insane. I don't get pms or very moody at all on a normal basis so I was totally thrown for a loop in my first pregnancy. I'd like to think that I'm more prepared this time but I did cry twice yesterday just thinking about far-fetched scenarios that I won't even get into now.

Besides, your midwife is with pregnant women on a regular basis and she probably understands better than anyone.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yeah, so you know how I "knew" I was pregnant with my 2nd? I started crying to this totally sappy song on the radio. I had the presence of mind to stop and go "what the heck is THAT about?.......Oh! I must be pregnant."

The emotional side is nuts. Don't sweat it, your midwife knows.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. I am reading "the girlfriends guide to pregnancy" right now- I Love it. I had read it once when I was ttc but it is so much better actually pregnant. She talks a lot about the insanity of emotions and stuff.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Don't worry, I went off on my OB a few weeks ago. I was ticked because I wasn't getting a clear O pattern on my charts, and she kept telling me over and over- the IUD doesn't affect fertility, and I was convinced it had..

Well anyway, I kept calling her demanding bloodwork/results/advice..

turns out I DID O- but probably have PCOS that is/was affecting my patterns... so.. um, yeah..

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Omgosh Sweetie! Anyone who works with pregnant women should be used to the "crazies". I would sometimes just cry through my whole appointments. I only ever had 1 dr say that wasn't normal. And he was a jerk wad

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Aimee* View Post
Omgosh Sweetie! Anyone who works with pregnant women should be used to the "crazies". I would sometimes just cry through my whole appointments. I only ever had 1 dr say that wasn't normal. And he was a jerk wad

awww, that is so sweet- crying through your appointment! thanks for the reassurance everyone. Of course today I feel totally even again. Go figure.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Once children enter your life (from womb to the world), you'll never be the same. One moment you know exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it and gosh, doesn't the world just make so much sense? And the next.. oh dear... you wonder why you ever thought you could parent, why you thought getting pregnant was a good idea, how you ever thought you'd actually do a *good* job at this parenting stuff...

It's a roller coaster ride for sure. Except there is no track. So you don't know where you'll be going from one moment to the next!

I have my moments of lucidity where I think, "I can deal." And moments later, I'm paralyzed by fear and my body wracking with sobs having no clue how this is all going to work out!

(and sure, it's embarrassing at times.. but it happens... and those 'in the know' .. aka, members of the mom's club, completely understand.. everybody's been there)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post
Yeah, so you know how I "knew" I was pregnant with my 2nd? I started crying to this totally sappy song on the radio. I had the presence of mind to stop and go "what the heck is THAT about?.......Oh! I must be pregnant."

The emotional side is nuts. Don't sweat it, your midwife knows.

that happened to me before my bfp this time around also
I am always more emotional before bfp and the first few weeks, feeling a tad bit crazy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts