Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am a crying sobbing mess, and I have no clue what I am supposed to do. I called today because my OB doesn't take my supplemental ins thru the state that we just got last month, so in order to stay there, I would have to come up with $1000 by next week, they have been sending me lots of bills and nasty warnings... blah. So, I called the clinic attached to the hospital, thinking that there would be no problem and that they would take me in.... well, they don't take ANY form of commercial ins, ours is United Health Care, so nope, they won't see me either. Now I have no where to go, and have been very unsuccessful at finding a dr to take both insurances. I am totally at a loss. I am worried, scarred, and upset! And I was supposed to have an apt next week, not I don't know what I am going to do.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I would call your insurance co and ask them which OB's in your area take your insurance. They should be able to do that. I have insurance through the state as well and they sent me a book in the beginning of all providers in my state that take my insurance. HTH and

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is that the one thru the state is supplemental or secondary.... I have to find an Ob that will accept both .... I am going to do some more calling tomorrow.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is there not a website from the state with a list of providers that accept them? Maybe it'd make finding a provider that takes both a little more easier since you could compare online from both of them.

Also does the state only cover certain hospitals? If so then you could possibly look that way, check a hospital if it's covered by both secondary and primary insurance and then try to find a provider that has delivery rights there? Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by baileyandmikey View Post
My problem is that the one thru the state is supplemental or secondary.... I have to find an Ob that will accept both .... I am going to do some more calling tomorrow.
Ah... I see. Well I would think they still should be able to help you find one. I hope you can get it figured out soon

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I'm so sorry, Mama. I'm hoping for the best for you.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks... still searching. I really want to deliver in the hospital here in town, the thought of having to drive far away is not comforting.... so I am still searching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.