Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is my other vent and rant, I just got an e-mail from my grandmother whom I love very much and she loves me very much, so I know there is no malicious intent.... BUT.....

I just got an e-mail from her and the entire e-mail discussed all of my cousins and their brand new baby girls and how cute the babies are and Alexis was very sick, but whew, she is much better now, thank god she didn't die, and her mother was so worried about her, and how my cousin is taking the role of father so seriously he is going back to school etc etc etc...... ad nauseum. I know this doesn't make sense and I am just rambling but OH MY GOD!!! Could she BE any more insensitive? Ok, rant over.
Gossamer

I found out yesterday that my other Grandpa died last saturday. ...and the hitts just keep on coming.....
Gossamer

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Gossamer,
So sorry honey...

I can relate...I too received a phone call today from a good friend of my mothers...she was actualy looking for my mom whom is in town and she was wanting to visit with her...so anyway...the friends name is Judy....so Jusy says to me...."Are you done grieving YET..." OMG....I about dropped the phone, I was in the middle of making dinner when she called. Being the good daughter that I am...i told her NO, my mom wasn't here yet...yada, yada, yada...AND BY THE WAY...I will never be DONE grieving....

I took it in stride...some people just DON'T GET IT!!!!

So later after the phone call, I was watering my yard and garden and I began to think of my dear sweet Gracie...I told her I was sorry that some people don't get it...that I will NEVER be over her leaving. Mama will never be over you not being here for us to hold and love and smell....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gossamer, I am SO sorry that you have to deal with all of this cr*p!!! You are dealing with SO much right now, I can't believe it! If you can, please keep in mind that people's insensitivity has more to do with THEIR issues about your situation, than with you yourself. Of course, that doesn't always make their rudeness any easier to bear, or change how it makes the pain flare up again.......so remind yourself what a loving mother you were and are to your darling Mary Rose, and how strong you are (because you are. we all are, here on this board where no one wants to be....). Take deep breaths, love Mary Rose and your dh, and keep striding forward. Remember that everyone here on this board cares about you, sweet mama. We are here for you.

Blessings of the love of others to you,

Jen

P.S. and a note to Jackie - cannot BELIEVE what your mother's friend asked about are you done grieving YET? Blows my mind........and just makes me want to slap some sense into some people sometimes.......hang in there honey, and keep talking to Gracie! Lady knows I never stop talking to Sophie.....

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THank you to all who have posted here to support me and commiserate with me.

Starfairy, - yes, it did suck. I am just trying to remind myself that she didn't mean any harm.

mom2six - thank you for the cyberhug, it is appreciated.

Jackie - I am so sorry you had such a horrible phone call, and you are right, we will never "get over" it. We just learn to live with it.

wilkers - that is so true about how hurtful words can be. I guess they just don't think.

painted horse - thank you for your kind and comassionate words.

It is so helpful to know I can come here and vent and rant and rave and not have to justify my feelings to anybody. I can just be. This online community is just so awesome and I am so blessed to be a part of it. Thank you again to all of you for your hugs, your words and your prayers, they are much needed and much appreciated.
Gossamer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts