Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really dont know why.

but DD who by the way told me i was pregnant before i knew for sure (poked me in the belly the morning of the day i got my
and told me "Mommy, your baby is here"

anyway, DD keeps talking about playing with her brothers and i said what brothers and she said "twins".
I have no clue what is going on. We didnt talk to her about being pregnant at all. We are not discussing anything "baby" with her yet whatsoever. Since our loss was recently, i prefer to avoid bringing up baby issues to avoid questions that may bring me pain.
Then, this morning my mom called from russia and goes "There is a double rainbow outside my window".

I am sure im just losing it.
We have no history of twins in our family.
But i do look 4-5 months pregnant.
:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Oh wow, that's really cool about your dd's "prediction". Sounds like it might really be twins! Are you planning an early ultrasound?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i go in on tuesday!
i just cant wait!!!!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Oh wow - would you be happy or freaked out if you found out it was twins? (Or maybe a bit of both, lol?)

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
First I just want to say that I remember you from the May DDC. (I was in that for awhile when my mw thought I would be due then...
) I wanna say CONGRATS on your new pg. I hope all goes well and you have a happy healthy pg and labor mama!

And now to comment on your post. Perhaps you are carrying twins. Children especially have a strong intuition. We didn't find out what we were having and everytime I asked my dd (throughout my entire pg) what we were gonna have she said a Boy. She always said she was getting a baby brother and we had a boy! I think if ANYONE would have a notion it would be a child. Plus you feel it and your moms rainbows...all signs are pointing that way.

Good Luck Mama!
I'll definitely check back to see what the outcome of your u/s is.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
My dd knew both last 2 times I was pregnant.... with ds#2 she was just shy of 5 and was telling everyone there was a baby in mommy's belly before we found out. This time about a week or so before we found out she told me she thought I was pregnant..... and I was!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Children do have a stronger intuitive, spiritual side than we give them credit for sometimes. If you believe in signs (I do) I would be sitting down when they tell you on Tuesday that you're carrying twins...then in a few more weeks when they see two penises...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PianoJazzGirl - i would be excited beyond words and freaked out about the same!!! Being pregnant so soon after giving birth and having been on bedrest my last pregnancy for cervical funneling, i would be VERY nervous. But it would be such a special gift.

amj's mommy - that is one amazing DD you have!!!!

EcoMama
I remember you too. Thanks for the congrats!!!

MrsTC- I do believe in signs. I also am thinking that maybe the double rainbow means all will be well with this baby i am carrying. As in one rainbow for Sofia and one for this baby. Maybe angel Lucia sent the rainbow, I dont know. In any case the rainbow my mom saw means something, something very good.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Popping in from Aug. Spreading some twin dust

Children's and mother's intuitions can be spooky, trust your gut!

Although I must say I am currently hoping my dd isn't fully right as she says there are three babies in mommy's tummy
: We are thrilled about twins but trips would throw us for a loop that is for sure!

Considering your situation, getting pg so soon after a loss (so sorry to hear BTW) your chances are good!

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Oh mama! That would be SO awesome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'd definately be bracing myself for twins at that appt on Tuesday!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Oh mama! That would be SO awesome! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'd definately be bracing myself for twins at that appt on Tuesday!

Double post.... NOT ON PURPOSE! So, I couldn't bear to erase it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts