Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But, alas, I do not! Some days we use up over a dozen diapers!

I love EC, though! It's interesting that my little baby can actually go all night w/o peeing. And that I can get by some days with only 1-2 diapers. Cool!

Questions:

1. what do I do or say when I'm visiting someone else? I can't STAND that someone else is holding my baby and I see he needs to pee or poo. "Oh, here. Let me take him to the bathroom. . ."
: Everyone thinks I'm
as it is.

2. I cannot figure out the elimination on the toilet thing. My bum is WAY too big to sit and allow room for him to make the target! LOL So, I still use my sink. But I can hardly do that in someone else's house. And he's getting to be a pretty hefty load!

3. I'm going on a skiing trip in December. HOW will I accomplish this? The airplane ride is going to be fine, I imagine b/c I can just use the commode. But what about when I'm there? Do I bring a little potty with me? When you all go on driving trips, do you bring a potty with you in the vehicle? Or do you go by the side of the road? Winter's coming. Brrrrr!

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stephanie wrote:

Quote:
1. what do I do or say when I'm visiting someone else? I can't STAND that someone else is holding my baby and I see he needs to pee or poo. "Oh, here. Let me take him to the bathroom. . ."
Everyone thinks I'm
as it is.
Well, there's nothing we can tell you that will reduce your sense of discomfort ECing around "non-believers." But maybe some inner dialogue (positive self-talk) will help.

Let's try an analogy. What would you think if someone were holding the baby and he started crying from hungry? Would it be OK to say, "I'm sorry, I need to feed him now?" If that doesn't make you acutely uncomfortable, then maybe the same approach would work for elimination. "Excuse me, he's uncomfortable. I'll just bring him back in a minute." You can choose whether you want to add, "after he goes potty."

I guess I'm kind of immune to criticisms about EC. If anyone gives me grief, I respond by asking whether the baby wouldn't rather be clean and fresh than sitting in her own waste.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. . .you're absolutely right! I didn't think of it before. I certainly wouldn't stand by and see my baby go hungry. And since I've been ECing for awhile, I certainly see EVERY advantage to the cleanliness and comfort! I love it. That's what I'll do. And if anyone seems concerned, I'll tell them that it's just another way that my baby and I communicate so well.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts