Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A. it leaks
B. it is on backwards (yes this has happend on a few fitteds we tried early on)
C. one side isn't velcroed That was a fun change in the middle of the night.
D. my duaghter has a red mark around the MIDDLE of her thigh...lol I guess he tried to prevent A from happening, but for some reason had that diaper down kinda low!

Anyhow, I can count on my 2 hands how many times dh has changed my 2 month old. It is funny because when we cdered lily he changed her a whole lot more and we were using velcro covers and gerber prefolds. Now it seems easier to me because we use all pockets, which I stuff. Sure some are snaps and some are velcro, but is it really rocket science? LOL

Okay add your funny dh and dp storys here

·
Registered
570 Posts
Mine put the Ella's House bumhugger on inside out because he thought the fleece pattern, the pretty bit, should be seen, and complained about how hard it was
Though that would be a pretty good clue you were doing it wrong

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dh often gets them on backward. It's funny the ll os fit better on backwards. The funniest was when I came out and saw he had a light blue fb, and then noticed the frog print fb underneath. I had them stuffed with moe inserts laying on top of each other. He figured it was two thing to be the whole thing so that one was the diaper and the other the cover.
Now he is a pro. He sticks with one fb.

·
Banned
404 Posts
My dh most often forgets the cover. Doesn't matter how many times I remind him...Luckily my dd reminds him when he gets her ready for bed at night and I always know to check ds's diaper as soon as I get home. I hate to complain to him because ds gives him a hard enough time when I'm gone.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
My dh always put a snap diaper on to lose. One day my dh changed dd while i was out and told me about how much she had peed when she woke and he changed her. She was wearing a fitted and crat. He never changed a fitted before so thought she was soaked because the outside of the diaper felt wet.

My sister put a side snap dipe on backwards.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
DH has changed exactly one diaper of Sarah's. That was into a Fuzzi Bunz that I had stuffed and placed on the changing table just in case she pooped while I was at the store. He did a fine job with it.
I wish he'd get more into it but he's a good man with just a missing diaper love gene.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
my dh does a really good job putting them on - and we're talking muttaqins here!
but he almost always forgets a cover. all of a sudden timmy has wet pants....and he says "isn't that one of those all in one type things?"

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I know dp changed the diaper when ds is wearing an AIO with a wool soaker over it :LOL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlutterBee
My dh always puts dd in a fitted and wool cover under stretchy pants so she has a ghetto bootie. He thinks its cute

I love that look! My sis is in from out of town and fell in love w/ CDs when she saw my DD in a fitted, stacinator stretch and tight pants! My sis was a hood rat in her teens.

I know dh changed the diaper when....

DD is in a PF and wool, he loves that combo!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
my toddler's wool cover is on my newborn!!
He did this the other night when I woke him to change her dipe in the middle of the night. :LOL

Oh and he often puts Sams side snap dipes/covers on inside out. :LOL
Debi

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I just remembered - DH was at a friend's house with Luke last week while I was out and about. Luke had a poopy diaper, so DH went to change him...and Luke kept pooping...I use disposable wipes when we're out (yes I want to change that) and DH used THE WHOLE CONTAINER. It was one of those travel ones, but seriously, that's like 15 wipes. And there was poop all over Luke's clothes (that did NOT leak out of the diaper). It was so funny.
So you know DH changed the diaper when all the supplies have been used to get the poopies off of him!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I know my dh has changed the baby when he's used a fuzzi bunz as a cover.

He thinks he knows it all now too, I've been chastised lately for using NO COVER under longies. And in his opinion it's really gross to have a fitted diaper with no PUL cover under longies.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
DH has changed Seans diaper when I come home and he is naked from the waste down. He never uses a cover and half the time side snap diapers are on backwards. I never say a word though because I'd rather him do it his way then not do it at all. My dad actually changed Sean the other day and put a side snapping diaper on inside out. I started laughing when I saw that though. I really shouldnt have because he like never ev er changes a diaper. When I told him it was inside out he said no wonder it was so hard to put on LOL.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.