Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I'm just having a hard time believing it's true that we only have had one birth in this DDC a mere 12 days before the first of the month. It seems like every other DDC I've ever been in or stalked has had a few significant preemies and a bunch of slightly early babies. What's the deal? I keep coming back and expecting to see an exciting thread about some beginning of the month person being in labor, but there's nothing! We must all have really strong cervixes.

I've been hesitating to say this since my midwife is out of town until Saturday and I REALLY don't want to have my baby with her backup, who is unknown to me. So I hope I'm not cursing myself. Legs crossed until Sunday, at least.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm thinking it's a good thing. While everyone is excited, I like to think us August girls know how to cook a baby until it's good and done. We like our babies well done, not medium rare! :p

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's absolutely a good thing. I'm not wishing preemies on any of us. But I wouldn't mind if someone went at 38 weeks and gave us some details and pictures to look at!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmck View Post

It's absolutely a good thing. I'm not wishing preemies on any of us. But I wouldn't mind if someone went at 38 weeks and gave us some details and pictures to look at!
Yes we need inspiration! Come on all you August 1st-ers! Lets get some babies in the next week or so!! LOL!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You know why? Because kristandthekids refuses to just give birth already!
orngtongue.gif

I'm getting ready. My major obligation is done (woohoo!) and my BHs have been getting stronger. And I am *sick* of the stupid weekly prenatal appts. Sign me up for going, well, why not tomorrow? (If krist goes today, that is...)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post

You know why? Because kristandthekids refuses to just give birth already!
orngtongue.gif
Krist, get on it! We're desperate!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm holding out until my husband is done with his summer classes on July 28th. He has a 45 minute commute each way. Anything after he gets home at 9pm from his last final is fair game...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamerle View Post

I'm waiting until at least Saturday... so I can have two Leo kids.
love.gif
I keep telling this baby that if she wants to be a Cancer she better come out in the next few days... She probably wants to be a Leo though, which gives her a whole other month of leeway
eyesroll.gif

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think this baby is holding out til the house is a little cleaner and mama is not so stressed. So... if anyone wants to come help me clean house, I'll see what I can do about giving birth as soon as possible afterwards
winky.gif

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm hoping for any day now. I am actually due July 28, and feel really ready. However, DD came at 41 w 5 d and I figured I would be better off in the August DDC. So, maybe my time is soon. I am 38w 5d right now.

Tonight would be good
lol.gif

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, I'm not due until the 19th of next month, but who knows. Measuring at 42 weeks and carrying over 12 lbs of baby, I feel pretty done!! If these babies want to come out sooner, I approve.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am 38 weeks today, but not feeling like anything is going to happen anytime soon. I'm due Aug. 2, but I'm a first timer, so I will probably go late. No matter what, I am keeping my legs crossed until next thursday, since the OB who does vaginal breech deliveries is out of town until then.

Random due date question: is it common for the due date to be in the 40th week? I always thought the due date would be in the 38th week.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbouck5 View Post

Random due date question: is it common for the due date to be in the 40th week? I always thought the due date would be in the 38th week.
Your due date is at 40 weeks
smile.gif

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm due August 1st, but for some reason they have me down as August 2nd - but it really doesn't matter anymore. I keep going to bed thinking 'oh, I hope it's not tonight, I'm so tired!'. I've been exhausted, very nauseous, and loads of contractions but nothing in the realm of time-able. I'm 2cm now, but that obviously means very little. I need some energy, though.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I would love some birth stories/pictures, too!

I guess I'm technically 39 weeks if I calculate from conception (and I'm pretty certain of that because I was charting). *scratches head* Huh! Here I was thinking I was only 38. Based on my past history, I'm really not expecting any action until the first week of August, but I wouldn't complain if baby came a little earlier, especially in this insane heat.
af.gif
<------(to illustrate what I feel like when I'm outside.)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.