Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midwife pushed hard on my belly to feel for the baby's position yesterday. It didn't really hurt except when she pushed down low near my pelvis where the baby is. That can't hurt the baby right? She was pushing around and you could see my belly move from side to side as she pushed one side of the baby and the other side popped out. DH thought it looked gross and couldn't watch. LOL. I know this is stupid, but for some reason, I'm worried about her pushing on my little one so hard. Dumb, right?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine did the same as well, first pregnancy, really digging in there. But the MDs who've tried palpating are really really gentle. (No wonder they can't tell the butt from the head!)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Yes, the baby is well protected! I can understand the worry though, with my first, before we had announced the pregnancy my niece jumped on my stomach and I was in the bathroom crying for an hour...we moms worry about these babes!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Oh and I wanted to add, I don't know about any of you but I'm nervous about pushing on the baby in any direction because I don't want him to get uncomfortable and flip! Am I the only crazy one?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

Oh and I wanted to add, I don't know about any of you but I'm nervous about pushing on the baby in any direction because I don't want him to get uncomfortable and flip! Am I the only crazy one?
No! I feel exactly the same way. Mine is a flipper anyway though. Been going to breech and back again every other day for annoyingly long now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.