Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just felt I had to post this, given my previous thead about my marital problems.
I think it was mostly depression talking.
Things are much better now...not because he is different.. but because I am trying to handle things differently.

I feel bad that I was so mean about my chosen life partner in a public form.

Other women here have REAL reasons to vent.

My problems are really the result of my own struggles... my depression and quick temper and self pity.
Dh is a loving, gentle person and I am lucky to have him in my life.

Thanks to those who helped me figure things out.

· Registered
6,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by asherah
I think it was mostly depression talking.

Dh is a loving, gentle person and I am lucky to have him in my life.
Asherah, I have a wonderful marriage, and a wonderful man, and I, too, can be affected by depression sometimes. It really colors everything, doesn't it? It is like a pair of bad glasses, making everything look bad--even the wonderful things.

I am glad you are feeling better. And I am glad you love your dh

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I am so glad you are feeling better. I am struggling with PPD right now. It seems to take a couple of years for me to be "me" again. I love my DH. He has many fine qualities - not the least of which is putting up with me being a b****. Many times tho, he irks me too. I haven't read your posts but I think it is great you had a place to vent. You should not feel too bad. It is probably MUCH better you let it all out here and be kindly to him IRL. It may be "public" but I can't imagine that many people on this board know you IRL, so hopefully it is not likely your DH will ever read it anyway.
If the tables were turned with my DH (they probably are!) - I'd rather he found somewhere to vent about my negative negative attitude during PPD while he continues to support me at home, kwim?

· Registered
1,579 Posts
hey asherah that's great that you're feeling that way

you know, there was a thread quite a while back, where everyone was listing things they loved about their dh's -- and I remember noticing that you had such great, soulful things to say about yours. So it struck me when I then read, in the past few weeks, your struggles with him and within yourself. I kind of felt that there were probably a lot of levels to the relationship and a strong bond there, just from the way you spoke of him in the past

anyway, don't know where I'm going with that... maybe just that I don't think you were blanket-ly "mean" on a public forum - I think the nuances did come through.

· Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirPentor
That's great asherah! I'm very happy for you.

On the other hand, I can't help but be reminded of when the friend in The Stepford Wives came back from their weekend getaway...

rotflmao!! :LOL :LOL :LOL

Well, nothing seems to be surgically enhanced, and I am still wearing the same clothes...

Nope, still me.

· Registered
12,261 Posts

Glad to hear. Glad to hear you're feeling stronger.

Didn't want to respond to any of it all, because have also kind of dumped on my DH here, too, and as the situation has improved, I've felt more than a little guilty about it. It can feel safe here sometimes, you know? And then I forget that this is actually the Internet ... the World Wide Web and all that ... and then other people post agreeing with me about what a jerk he is, and then I read that and say, "Hey, who are you to call my DH a jerk," and ...
So have stopped responding to these. But have been thinking positive thoughts for you & sending light your way when reading yours ...

Hoping your new year is equally strong ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.