Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD receives some of her specialty care at one hospital (and some at another children's hospital) and the more we go there the more I love it! The doctors (and other staff) have been so wonderful!<br><br>
Last month we arrived for DD's EEG and new onset seizure clinic appt only to find that she had been dropped from the schedule (and the schedulers had not told us). We live a few hours away so this was terrible news. After waiting about an hour in Neurology they worked us in and everything went fine. I was really impressed with the vast majority of the staff we worked with that day. They treated us so, so well in spite of us being a PITB for them. LOL<br><br>
We had a neuropsychology appointment in early December. A few weeks ago it was bumped to January. We have a high deductible plan and have met our deductible this year so this was horrible news for us, financially. If we had to go in 2008 we just weren't going to be able to do it (Haley really needs this done before starting K in the fall). I was so, so upset! The schedulers said that January was first available, there is not a cancellation list, etc. They could not help us.<br><br>
Some friends insisted that we contact the neuropsychologist directly to see if she could help us. DH emailed her today and within 15 minutes she called him, rearranged some things and got our appointments scheduled in December. That just saved me oodles of $$$$. And she was so nice about it, too! A million thumbs up!<br><br>
I am a happy mama! Just wanted to share that sometimes things really do go well and that a lot of medical professionals really do act like they care about their patients/families.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
My son is mainly seen at Dayton children's, but we have gone to Cinci for a few appts. I found them to be...ok...the ENT we saw at a satellite clinic was wonderful...the speech therapists at the main hospital were good enough ...the feeding team was a nightmare--we got "lost" in the scheduling, got bumped back 2 MONTHS (and note that at that time Connor had been admitted for failure to thrive, so 2 months was obviously unacceptable) and eventually got hooked up with EIS and BCMH in Dayton to take care of us for the most part.<br><br>
I'm looking into Cleveland clinic now...a coworker takes his son (who has Chiari Malformation) there and highly recommends it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts