Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a vegetarian that loves sugar, in fact I feel like I'm out of control. I want a dessert everynight, and I love snacking on sugar type foods. This cannot be good for me. I've been breast feeding for two months and I want to quit the sugar. Is there anyone out there that has any helpful suggestions to quit the sugar?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Honestly, what helps me is just not buying the sugar stuff if we are talking convenience type food ie. cookies, ice cream, candy. Instead make sure that you supply yourself with a nice array of fresh fruit. You may be surprised at how it may satisfy that sweet tooth. Good luck

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
get rid of it. eat something else instead. a lot of the time you crave sugar because you are tired. eat something high in protein instead. it helps me a lot.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was the same as you. I quit sugar because it was causing horrible moodswings and insomnia. That is gone plus I lost all of my baby weight in no time. I quit refined sugar 100% the first day. If I got a craving I'd make a little cup of cocoa with soy milk, unsweetened choc, and agave. At first I wanted it everynight. But now I very rarely want it. In fact now when I want something sweet I eat some fruit. I think the key is too really want it and be determined. If you are like me you can't cut it out a little at a time or decrease it. It has to all go, now. The good news is that after the first couple of weeks it is easy. And now a few months down the road i cannot even actually eat anything sweet, it is gross to me. The other day I thought I'd treat myself to a soy hazelnut latte (which I used to drink everyday), it was so sweet and nasty that i threw it away!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Jennifer of Vegan Lunchbox fame has recently overcome her sugar habit by taking on the maintenance version of the Eat to Live diet. Read about it on her blog www.shmooblog.blogspot.com. There's an ETL or E2L thread in the weight loss forum

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi, I'm a vegan who has overcome a sugar addiction (white sugar is as addictive as any other chemical). The two things that helped were: the book "Sugar Blues", and this program www.radiantrecovery.com, which basically explains you about some protein and nutritional equilibrium you should look for in order to overcome the addiction. I have friends into the Eat to Live programme too, that helped them in the same way. Good luck!! Detox from sugar is awesome, for your mind and your body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.