Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...gAnch=imgAnch1

My camera did not perform well for me at all this time. I'm quite annoyed, and since I use REAL FILM it really ticked me off. The slippers are a powder blue, leftover SimplySoft from a baby sweater that never materialized. It's made from 2x2 ribbing, so it's incredibly stretchy and soft.

Sweater is from here http://www.margarethubertoriginals.com/newpage1.htm
Again my camera freaked out on me, and you can't see the stitching variations but it's quite sweet irl.

....... and now to wait for my PANTA YARN!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Very nice! I really like the sideways knit one - is that pattern online? It looks fun!

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, the sideways knit sweater is here:

http://www.margarethubertoriginals.com/newpage1.htm

'tis a free pattern, always something I like to find. very simple, and I took the size 2 sleeves and paired it with the size 4 body, and just adjusted the figures accordingly. it's supposed to be a cropped length, so it's easy to add some length to make it longer. You can really see it better on the link, there's a picture in a solid color that doesn't look all wierd and fuzzy like mine. Took me about 5 days to finish, and I especially love that it would be very easy to slightly narrow the sleeves and have a good "boy" sweater as well.

Sweater 7 and 8 is a cardigan from the knittingfool.com sweater generator. The pattern generator was right on the money, but this was my first ever "i don't like this pattern I'm going to change it and it will be infinetly better" experience where I learned that I am not a Jedi yet. All the imperfections and wierdnesses are my fault, but from a distance it looks quite nice.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Looks great! I love them all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2five View Post
Everything's beautiful and I LOVE the slippers. Where can I find that pattern?
That's the pocketbook slipper pattern. You can find the pattern here.

I recently made some and I really like them! Check out my blog for pictures, etc.

P.S. I even found that they have a pocketbook slipper pattern for wee ones as well!

Happy knitting

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hakucho View Post
That's the pocketbook slipper pattern. You can find the pattern here.

I recently made some and I really like them! Check out my blog for pictures, etc.

P.S. I even found that they have a pocketbook slipper pattern for wee ones as well!

Happy knitting

Yep, that's the one! I'd never seen the kids version - how cute! They do look like little ballet shoes when they're on, i think. I want to make some for my sister in a "prissy" color, like some sort of pale pink, and somehow make it super girly, although I'm not sure how b/c of the way they stretch out to wear. Lacing some ribbon might work. Must think about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.