Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds doesn't like getting dirty. He's better than he was, but if he gets something on his hands or clothes, he comes to me and says 'wipe, wipe!' (I know, I can hear some of you saying 'what is she complaining about - a child who actually wants to stay clean!' :LOL ) I'd love for him to enjoy playing and not worry about getting dirty. I heard that a good way to get toddlers like this used to having dirty hands is play dough. So I had a go at making it today, it turned out really well and ds has spent nearly the entire day playing with it
he didn't once worry about getting dirty, it was great!

Just thought I'd share my toddler experience for today. Is there anyone else out there with 'clean' toddlers? Any other ideas I could use to get ds used to being dirty?

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMom
loveharps-what recipe did you use to make the play-dough? It sounds like lots of fun!! Thank you!
I used one my mother had from when we were little, its so great, its a 'non-stick' playdough! Give me a minute to find the recipe and I'll post it.

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup of salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
food colouring.

Mix it altogether in a large pot, stir constantly over low heat until thick and workable (until it looks like a ball of playdough) Remove from pot and knead. Store in an air tight container in the fridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was so easy to make, I'm going to make different colours! Then I'm going top make the homemade clay my mom used to make

· Registered
5,481 Posts
We made playdough this week too! My mom gave me this recipe pulled out from my childhood that doesn't require cooking;

2 cups flour
1/4 cup salt
1 cup hot tap water
splash of oil
color

then add more flour in as you knead to make it nice. Easy!

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flor
We made playdough this week too! My mom gave me this recipe pulled out from my childhood that doesn't require cooking;

to moms who have such great recipes to hand down!!

· Registered
4,207 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flor

2 cups flour
1/4 cup salt
1 cup hot tap water
splash of oil
color

then add more flour in as you knead to make it nice. Easy!
This is what I do. You can add a packet of unsweetend koolaid for perfect color and it doesn't stain surfaces.

· Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks, loveharps! Great playdough recipe!
I made some for dd today & she loved it! Much better than the stuff Mom used to make when I was little...I hated it b/c it was so grainy...this was nice & smooth!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.