Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids have been gone since July 7. They came home for the weekend last weekend, but it just wasn't enough. When did I become the parent the visit instead of the parent they live with? I hate feeling like this. I cried myself to sleep last night. My house is so quiet and lonely. I would even look foward to the fighting right now.

At least x is allowing me to speak to them now. I am not on speaker phone, but everytime I call they are watching a movie and are distracted and don't really speak to me. I miss have a knee in my back, can you believe it? They will return on Wednesday but it seems so long since than. I'm not lonely because friends keep looking out for me, and taking care of me, I just seem to have lost my purpose. I'm sad mama's need some support.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Im sorry!
I dont think there is much I could say to help you feel better, I cant imagine how difficult this must be for you,,,it seems like a very long time for them to be away, Im sorry. I hope you get a lot more time with them.

blessings~

·
Registered
132 Posts
My house feels empty too, for the half-week that they're with sbtx. But the question of the moment is: Why DID they end up living with xh instead of you? Can't you appeal that decision? Can you get a better lawyer? What happened? Usually custody is granted to the mother if she wants it and has been the main nurturer up to that point. I am happy with our joint custody arrangement; so I'm not fighting it. But FIGHT, girl! Don't lie down and let life or your ex make decisions for you. You sound so, so sad! ((((((HUGS))))))))

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have joint custody. It is just this summer vacation thing he arranged. He had wanted the summer split with full months, and I said no, than he wanted two weeks at a time, and I still said no. But now he wanted one full week each for the summer, I couldn't argue, I guess it's standard. But than he pulled a one week vacation on my week. So first it was his week, than vacation, than his week again.

But the kids came home last night for a couple of hours. It was dd's birthday. We went to dinner, and swimming and opened presents. It was soooo nice. They miss me terribly, and me them. I just cried when I held them. My heart felt full again. They will come home on Wednesday for ten days, I called a vacation this week, but was afraid to ask for the full week, because x gets so angry.

Slowly piece by piece x wants to push me out of their lives. I fight hard to remain there, but without the judge watching he is bad. I found out he has made doctor appointments for ds, without my knowledge. He makes them right in the middle of the workday so I have trouble going. He can flex his time, I can't. I asked him to change the doctor appointment but he said no. I was thinking of changing it as we approached the date and rescheduling to an 8am appointment. What do you mama's think of that.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcarons
But than he pulled a one week vacation on my week. So first it was his week, than vacation, than his week again.
I'm so sorry mama. Tomorrow your babies come home!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:

I was thinking of changing it as we approached the date and rescheduling to an 8am appointment. What do you mama's think of that.

I would do it. It's petty of him not to reschedule since he has the flex time. The appointment is for your child-- not for either parent-- so you should both have a chance to be there.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Quote:

They're back. Yeahhhh.

And guess what, yep, I had a knee in my back last night.

glad for you mama, sorry about your difficulties w/their father,,,hope you can find peace between you.

blessings~

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Mama, that is so unfair, glad you got kids again for stay seems very unfair they miss you so much and you them, your x sounds like all the x's I know or have heard of, out to hurt you and in the process it hurts the kids but they never seem to care.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts