Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your fav wrap?

I want something lightweight that I can wear my 9 month old and my 3 year old in, hopefully.

Ooooh, and must be a fun color/print/batik/something!

Any suggestions? Links?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since you're looking at getting a stretchy wrap for larger baby/kid then I think you would probably be happy with the Moby. I have the Cuddly wrap which I have really liked for a little baby, but it has more stretch and give than the Moby (my friend has a Moby that I've tried on). The Moby felt more supportive for sure, however it was also heavier and therefore warmer to wear. I haven't tried one, but maybe gauze would be good too?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Have you checked out the new Hot Mama Wrap from Mom and me creations.
Its a stretchy wrap that is tie-dyed so each is unique and really beautiful. According to the tester reviews on her site, its supposed to be great with older babies.

Melissa

·
Registered
59 Posts
I second the Moby! They have nice colors. I've seen Pumpkin, and sage green. Don't think they sell more than a few basic colors on their website, though. I'm lucky, though, because I live in Monterey, and that's where the company is. The place I buy them from gets new colors in all the time from the lady that makes them. Not batik, though, although that would rock!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
i recently got a moby wrap and *love* it. i don't know why i waited so long! they don't come in prints but the colors are gorgeous... they do a limited addition color every so often and the most recent one is a beautiful fiery orange.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I LOVED my MamaKangaroo.com wrap!!!
Make sure to get one that is 17" wide rather than 12" - you need to ask the owner which one is which.
They are WONDERFUL, pretty and lightweight ( I actually heard from some mamas that they feel hotter in a Moby than in aDidy!!)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Are you sure you want a stretchy wrap? It probably will not be supportive enough for a 3 year old (or even a 9 month old for that matter). I would suggest looking into a GM gauze, an Ellaroo, or a german woven (Storch/Didy).

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Oops - I forgot to read about the ages...

Karisa is right - a stretchy wrap will NOT be the best option for your 9mo and specially NOT for your 3yo

I LOVE Ellaroos (the prettiest wraps EVER) and Didymos (the most comfortable)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
i'll be the voice of dissent about the stretch not being supportive enough... my DD is almost 16mo and 25ish pounds, and it's a great fit for both her and me (can't talk from experience about a 3yr old though). i really like how the fabric hugs my shoulders and back without being too restrictive or cutting in.
JMHO!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts