Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my diapers. I was going to buy a cheap trash can but cheap trash cans don't seem to exist. And I'll just go ahead and skip those 60 $ fancy stainless steel looking ones.

I've found this on-line http://naturalbaby.stores.yahoo.net/nyldiappaill.html

Anyone have it?

I'm having problems imagining the size and the amound of diapers it would take.Any advice or link? And yes, REALLY, I've tried Target,Amazon and even froogle
:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have this one and it is great!! It's small but it fits all my washing machine can really handle in one load. I would recommend this one!! It takes about 2-3 days to fill it for our family. One in diapers that is.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have this pail and love it! I think its a great price too
It will hold about 3 1/2 doz. fitted dipes, stands about 20 or so " tall
Michelle

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I got a great Martha Stewart Everyday garbage pail at K-Mart for like $10 or $12. It's great, because it's semi-round (round in front, flat on the back, like a half-moon) and it doesn't take up much floor space. It's about 24" tall with a flip up lid that seals well and will hold lots of diapers. We use it with a Blue Penguin diaper pail liner with a citrus circle in the little mesh pocket and there is no stink at all. We use 10-12 diapers a day with doublers and cloth wipes and it never gets more than halfway full, but we also wash diapers everyday; so if you like to wash diapers every2+ days, this would definitely hold plenty! Also, it's mosre aesthetically pleasing than lots of generic pails.
HTH!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Micheliala
I have this pail and love it! I think its a great price too
It will hold about 3 1/2 doz. fitted dipes, stands about 20 or so " tall
Michelle
That many?
:

It looks so small in the picture....but really, that couldn't be easier, Target here I come!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the one in the link you posted. I like it. It is really easy to flip open and closed.

I couldn't find a garbage can at any store that I liked. They all had flip-tops in which the mechanism would make it harder to use a liner.

Amy

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use a sterilite 52 qt. trash can that I bought at Walmart. It has a button on the lid that you push to open, and it holds a ton of diapers. Since I have 2 in dipes, I like the size. And, it cost less than $10.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I have a Sterlite flip top trash can that I got at Target a few years ago. The whole lid comes off, so you can use a pail liner. The flip part is contained within the lid, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I got a $14 one from Target that fits 2 days worth in it with 3 in dipes. Yep, really big!!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimid
I got a $14 one from Target that fits 2 days worth in it with 3 in dipes. Yep, really big!!
My Target sucks extraordionarily, but I will look again.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
i have the safety first one as well......I'm not cding anymore, but when we did, it took a while to fill it (2-3 days) and it has no holes etc, so you can put water with BS etc in it to presoak.

it fits 2-3 days worth of sposies in it to, with no major odor (unless ds lets off a major stinky one!). I love it, and it was cheap when I got it, I got two for $16, one for ds's laungry and one for diapers.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CathToria
I have a Sterlite flip top trash can that I got at Target a few years ago. The whole lid comes off, so you can use a pail liner. The flip part is contained within the lid, if that makes sense.
I think I have the same one and I LOVE it. It fits a MOE bag perfectly, the lid stays secure and keeps the smell contained, the actual trash can doesn't get stinky, and it can fit a ton of diapers (I only wash every 3 days
)!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I just got a bigger one from Lowes. I got a meduim sized pedal bin,. it's plastic (sterilite I believe) $9.98 it holds a couple of days worth of diapers easily, it's the right size for the kitchen garbage bags (if that makes sense) I keep a small cosco pedal bin diaper bucket in the bathroom, it's just the right size for about three days of poopy diapers after they've been swooshed.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I just use a red 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot. The lid snaps on nicely, I can carry it even when it's full, and it takes up almost no room! Also - it was cheap - $3 or $4. It easily holds two or three days worth of dipes.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I've got the Safety 1st one too and it works great! We actually have 2 of them: one for upstairs and one for dstairs. We do dry pail and just reuse shopping bags as liners. Got one at Target and the other at Kmart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts