Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen stroller frames that are very lightweight that you can pop a carseat into. I'm not sure if I've ever seen one for a toddler carseat or a convertible infant/toddler carseat, but that's what I'm looking for. I don't need anything real high quality, the cheaper the better. I just don't want to have to lug both carseats, a stroller, both kids, and our carry-ons through the airport. I thought this way we could have a stroller and not have to lug the carseat. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I might look to find one?

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Try your local consigment shop. I have seen those there all the time. Otherwise try Target and Babies R Us. BRU always has them in stock.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have never seen a carseat frame that works with anything other than an infant carseat. I also checked babies r us online, and all the ones they had listed worked with infant carseats. :\

I was thinking...... maybe you could check the carseats with your luggage, and just bring a sling or something?

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kirei, the problem is we have two kids and one is over two and will have her own seat. She will have to have her carseat on the plane. My other concern with checking the baby's carseat is that if the luggage gets lost, we are up a crick w/o a paddle so to speak, kwim. I've never flown with two kids before and I always just slung my older one when she was a baby. I'll probably still sling the baby, but I'm just not sure how it will all work out.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This doesn't help with the issue of lugging all the stuff but if it were me I would gate check the baby's seat that way there is no way for it to get lost. They'll put it under the plane right at the gate...you just put the seat on the walkway right before you board.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jen, that's what I was wanting to do. It's just so much stuff to carry through the airport, kwim. That's why I was hoping to find a stroller frame that would take a toddler or convertible carseat.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Throkmorton
you could get a little luggage cart with wheels and bungee the car seat. Either that, or get one of these: http://elitecarseats.com/carseat-accessories.htm
There is another thing, specially made for convertible seats that is just a frame you attach to the seat with wheels, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the hell it is called.
Thanks for the link. That's a good idea. What I really want is the latter part that you mentioned. I thought I had seen something like this also, but I have searched and searched and can't seem to find anything.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Do you have one of those enormous tank strollers that most people hate? We love ours for airport travel. Here's how we handled it with one kid -- maybe you can adapt a little since your older one can probably walk:

Baby in sling.
Carseat bungeed or rested in the main part of the stroller.
Diaper bag/backpack in basket under stroller.
Snacks in plastic grocery bag tied to stroller handles.
Purse in diaper bag.

You could possibly do this, with a big enough stroller, so that there's a carseat balanced/strapped to the main stroller section AND one strapped underneath. If you do a backpack for the diaper bag, you can wear that on your back, sling the baby, and hope to heck that your older child will stay near! Are you doing this alone, or do you have another adult with you?

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You've got some good ideas fiddledebi. I will have my dh with me, thank God! If I didn't, I would take our double stroller and get a baby leash for my older dd. I know those aren't popular on MDC, but my toddler doesn't like to stay with me. We will probably take the double stroller and gate check it. That's a good idea to use it to carry the carseats and sling the baby and let the toddler walk. Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think you are looking for the Snap-N-Go frame. Hope that helps!

I'll second fiddledebi's advice, though. When I was flying solo with a 1-yo, I would check my luggage at the curb, then sling him. To navigate the airport, I'd balance the carseat on my umbrella stroller, then put my carry-on in the carseat. Of course, I had to take everything apart to go through security (including taking ds out of the sling), but it only took a minute to get everything back together.

Have a great trip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.