Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my son was born he went to CD's as soon as the meconium was gone. At 7 months we switched to sposies because the poop was just crazy! There was staining, dunking and a lot more hands on time with poo than I really wanted. Now, he is 16 months and I want to go back to cloth. The guilt about the cost, environment, dioxin, etc. is killing me. Not to mention he is allergic to some sposies brands and I worry that I could be harming him. I bought a bunch of fuzzi bunz and enough wonder-fulls to stuff them. I used them for two days and I am back to the sposies. I want to CD but I don't want to touch partially digested meat, raisins, etc. and then wonder later if the brown on my jeans is chocolate from my cookie or something else. I need some advice!

· Registered
2,498 Posts
I think I have been lucky in that DS's poop almost always just rolls right off the dipe! He rarely has that peanut butter- consistency poop (okay, sorry for the details, but you all know what I mean!).

Anyway...I hear so many people here rave about the mini-shower. I have never used it, but it seems very popular with those that have your same problem.

It's a little hand-held sprayer that attaches to your toilet. I'm sure other Moms could help you with where to buy one.

Good for you for switching back to cloth!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is exactly how I would describe it...peanut butter! Plus, his new favorite food is blueberries which makes things even more messy, almost diarrhea like. Sorry for the graphic description but I need real advice and the only way to get it is to tell it like it is.

I have ordered a mini shower, should be here on monday with some other fluff. I am already stalking the mailman!

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Well, I can totally relate because that's the kind of poo we have going on in this house, too. lol.

The mini shower will help. WARNING: PRACTICE FIRST! And watch out for backsplash when you spray!!!!!! LOL. It can really be a mess if your not careful. But it really helps take the poo off. Just when you spray, don't aim directly at the diaper. Kind of spray down the diaper, if that makes sense.

Maybe you could keep some dish gloves in by the toilet to help with the dunk and swish.

I try to time my washings to occur right after that poop. I carry the whole diaper pail into the bathroom, dunk, swish, spray and then drop the soaking diaper right into the pail. I don't worry about wringing out the water. I just dump it in the pail (kind of lean the pail over the toilet so there is no drips) and off to the washer.

Also, I let it soak in the toilet if I just can't deal with it at the time. Yes, a neighbor was over once and discovered a dirty diaper in the toilet. I think he was pretty grossed out by it but I was rolling.
Serves him right for coming over unannounced. lol.

Man, are we crazy our what? I just wrote like 4 paragraphs about cleaning poop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.