Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so lost, I've read these forums, checked out the Diaper TP but I'm so overwhelmed.

Should I buy new or gently used, which is the best brand? Should I buy a few different types of dipes or all one kind?

I've won the debate with DH, and I have offered to take on the majority of the cleaning responsiblity.

I'm due with our last child in February, I wasn't able to do cloth with both my boys due to my financial situation. I'm more financially stable, and want to do my best to make this work.

Will someone please be my mentor? I have a pretty good spending limit, I could increase it depending on my needs.

Someone please help me to make this work.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts

Kissaluvs with covers are a great newborn diaper. We were very happy with them. Then I suggest you buy an assortment to see what you (and your baby...) like.

good luck!

-Angela

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I bought a variety at first. Kissaluvs 0, Fuzzi Bunz pockets, Very Baby AIOs, amd prefolds were the main part of it. For covers I like Litewrap, Green Mountain, proraps, Bummis and some wool. Used is fine--most of mine were used.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I think a mix of everything is best. All systems work they also all will leak with a blow out at some point! There is no perfect diaper for every baby. If you are cloth diapering from the start I wouldn't go overboard on NB diapers better to have a dozen and a half nb prefolds and 6 nb fitteds pockes. The rest of your stash can be smalls. That will get you through the first 4 months. OH yeah and 5 covers. In Febuary you would be happy with fleece and wool diaper pants and covers they last longer with a growing baby because they are stretchy. . And remmember cloth diapers don't fit in many Nb outfits very well it's best to have wool soakers and night gowns for ease of change. I also hate onsies for cloth diapered babies. Start your collection you will love it!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I bought my stash new, but looking back, i should have bought used...atleast that way i could have tried a variety of different styles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts