Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to knit my first pair of longies. I'm new to knitting in general but feel ready to tackle my first pair of longies. I want something really nice for a baby boy. I like blue/green combo's. I also like red/orange/brown/yellow. I'm open to anything though, preferably something that has a burst of color. Oh heck... someone help me.

I think for this first time I'd like to buy already dyed yarn. I may venture into dyeing my own next time.

Help a newbie out. Point me in the direction of something good.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I haven't worked with them, but people rave about Blackberry Ridge and Blue Faced Leicester. Check out EweBetcha and WoolyWonders by Nada. There are lots of wool-hungry mamas around, tho', so you may want to join their yahoo groups to find out when they stock.

I really love Little Turtle Knits 2 ply yarn! I just knit my first soaker in the Berry Burst colorway and started a pair of Picky pants in Punk Rock girl. The yarn is really soft and wonderful to knit with. Theresa is great to work with and I think she'll do a custom colorway for you if you don't see what you want on her site. Her patterns rock too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.