Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone could please help or give me suggestions I would really appreciate it. I am at my wit's end here!

Here's the deal: DH and I have been co-sleeping with our now-13-month old DD since birth. It's been great! Recently, she's nightweaned (at about 12 months) and since then our nighttime routine has gone haywire. Every single night she wakes up from about 2-4 am. She lays in bed and flops around, entertaining herself by kicking me, pulling my hair, climbing on me and jumping up and down, pinching me, etc. We have dubbed it her "mama-beating hour." I've tried ignoring her, cuddling with her, getting up and rocking, etc. The only thing that works is for DH to take her out into the living room and lay down on the couch with her. She lays on his chest and goes right to sleep. Then she comes back to bed and sleeps till 8 or so.

So, I'm now almost 12 weeks pregnant, totally exhausted 24/7, and this keeping me up for 2 hours every night is killing me. The other night I went to bed to cuddle with her at 1 am because she was fussing, and she didn't go back to sleep until 5 am. Mama can't handle going to bed at 5 am.

Oh, and she generally takes one 1-2 hour nap during the day, and usually goes to bed 8-ish.

Does anyone have any experience/advice/ideas/thoughts? Does she need to go to bed later?

TIA!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww thank you so much!

She will actually crawl over DH to get to me. If he tries to hold her and cuddle her, she will scream and fight. It's the weirdest thing!

Thanks for your reply! Last night was the first night in weeks she slept through the night! It was also her first night in a CD. I'm hoping it wasn't a coincidence!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.