Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stash of large VB Snugwraps ready for using, but I'm not sure what to do here.

My dd is only 4 months, but she's so long, she's outgrowing the mediums already. I think I'm going to put her in larges soon, and just use crossover tabs. When/if she gets too long for those, I'll just adjust the pattern and make long larges.

I had some covers and diapers with snaps, but had major wing curl problems. I used the snap directions on sewdiapers.com, but when I put them on dd, when they were tight enough to stay on, the wings would curl every time. Luckily I had some with Aplix, so I just used those. But, all my larges have snaps. I'm worried that if I tried to take the snaps off, I'll get some major wicking. If I put one snap above and one below the original snaps, a little ways back, do you think it would help? (I don't know if I'm explaining this well) I really don't have time or enough material to make new covers right now and I want these to work!

TIA!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I found the VB snugwrap suffers from terrible wing curl. I switched to using the VB fitted for covers, it works better, not sure why.

The VB snugwraps that work best for me were made with these ideas in mind:
I placed my snaps against the very edge of the binding on the wings
I used two rows of snaps, so the wings still have two snaps, but they are up and down, not side to side. This means more snaps, b/c you have to put another row on the body panel. Oh well.

What fabric did you use that you're worried about the holes? PUL should melt closed if you dry on hot. Fleece and wool you can usually rub the hole closed and the fabric will just shift around and fill in the hole. Can you tell I've moved my snaps before?
LOL

HTH

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeosMama
What fabric did you use that you're worried about the holes? PUL should melt closed if you dry on hot. Fleece and wool you can usually rub the hole closed and the fabric will just shift around and fill in the hole. Can you tell I've moved my snaps before?
LOL

HTH
it's PUL, and mostly have another layer of flannel, jersey on the outside.

Thanks Jessica for the link. I'm going to try adding more snaps like those and see how it works for us!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.