Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS is driving me up the wall with his constant biting. I've tried everything I can think of, short of biting or spanking him, but nothing is working. So I am breaking down and looking to buy a book on GD (I will admit I am working on my temper b/c sometimes I do get pushed to the edge. I do not hit him, however. I set him in a safe spot, close myself in the bathroom, and scream until I start laughing hysterically. Yes, I might be a bit looney at times
: ). Anyway, I have looked through the list at the top of the forum but there are so many books to choose from. So tell me- if you had to buy one book when dealing with a 15 mo (specifically the biting issue but I'm sure others will arise too) what would you get? TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have much advice for you but I wanted to try and help.
I found this:
http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/paren...ep/biting.html

When toddlers bite other children
By Elizabeth Pantley ( this article is refering to biting other children in particular)

http://www.awareparenting.com/answer11.htm
"Note: this advice should not be used as a substitute for medical opinion or treatment. If illness or pain are suspected, always consult with a doctor. For more information about this approach to parenting, see Dr. Solter's books, The Aware Baby, Helping Young Children Flourish, and Tears and Tantrums"

I haven't thouroughly read the above pages or any of the books on the list but they looked like they might help.

about the bathroom screaming how has this seemed to effect the situation -is it usually brought on by biting or other activities? I'm sorry if I'm being intrusive - I'm trying to get a better idea of the situation as a whole. I know that when I get upset ( even if it has nothing to do with her ) my DD gets riled up into a fit and that can't be helpful in an already stressful situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.