Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to get this out. I really feel like crap. I am 26 weeks, this is my third child. I feel like I crying all the time, I am so uncomfortable at this point. I just don't know how I am going to cope for another few months, and get bigger. I can not believe how much pressure I feel when I walk, getting up from the couch, out of bed to pee for the zillionth time just makes me cry. Yesterday I started getting hip pain. Last night sex, well I just can not believe how unmobile I am, my belly takes up everything. I started crying, because I am so uncomfortable. Anyone else feeling like this? I really usually don't complain too much, but now I am. I know this is so worth bringing another child into our lives, but I am worn out to the T!!!!

Maternity clothes don't even fit, they just fall off my belly, and it is so frustrating that I spent some money on maternity clothes, and they don't even fit. The ultrasound said I am what I should be, when I found out we were having a girl. BUt can they be wrong? Both my daughter born in 2002, and my son born in 2004 both were exactly 2 weeks before their due date.

Oh well needed ot vent here. So excuse that if I sound whinny.

Renee

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mama!!

I can sympathize. At 28 weeks I'm growing out of maternity clothes at I wore until the end with dd. People ask when I am due and then either look shocked or pity me when I say Feb. The hip pain is awful and I'm leaking urine (TMI I know) this time, even though I kegel like crazy. The baby is really low and just on my bladder all the time I think. I almost started crying last night when I realized I have 12 weeks left, more if I go late again. I think the holidays are making it worse, mainly the stress of dealing with dh's family and my stepmother. I'm just so tired all the time and dd doesn't nap anymore. Sorry to add a vent of my own, but know that you aren't alone!!

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I hear you both.

I'm sick of my pants always needing to be hiked back up or having the band dig into the top of my belly if I wear something with a panel.

I'm tired of having these beautiful dreams at night about sports or sex or just being comfortable and then waking myself up trying to flip from one side to the other!

I'm tired of having heartburn all the time.

I'm tired of feeling like a delinquent reject lame-o if I forget to take my prenatal vitamins.

I'm tired of peeing when I sneeze.

I'm tired of being completely winded because I tried to carry on a conversation and walk upstairs at the same time.

I'm tired of getting some bony part in my ribs when I bend over.

I'm tired of not shaving my legs!

12 more weeks is a long time! Okay, my vent over! Thanks for getting us all started though Brownay2!

·
Registered
699 Posts
s

I'm trying not to complain much, but I do feel your pain (literally!).

This is my third pregnancy, too, and it's amazing how much difference that (plus being 5 years older) makes in how my body feels. I'm also having the difficulty moving (turning over in bed takes tremendous effort, and sex is just plain funny), hip/pelvic/back pain from loose joints with extra pressure on them, heavy stretching belly, no endurance, and maternity clothes getting tighter. I'm 28 1/2 weeks but measured 32 on Monday, and today I got my first "You look like you're due any time now!" comment. I was big the first time, bigger the second, and this time I'm even more huge (thought it wasn't possible!) - I think it's just how our bodies respond to having been there/done that several times already...not to mention the added exhaustion of growing a new baby while caring for a couple of other kids full time - that is not to be underestimated!!

Yes, your ultrasound dating could be wrong, but it sounds to me like you are experiencing the same feelings lots of us feel after several pregnancies. If your first two were born at 38 weeks, take comfort in the fact that you seem to grow your babies a bit quicker than the average and you only have 12 weeks left!
And when you think about how quickly the PAST 12 weeks have gone, plus factor in how the busyness of the holidays tends to make time go faster, it won't be too long until you're holding your new little one and the pregnancy is behind you.

Hang in there, mamas...we can do this! (Right??)

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I have days that things are really uncomfortable with lots of discomfort at the pubis symphisis (sp?) area. That and feeling like the babe is enjoying the bladder pillow. Nights are the worst with reflux acting up and it taking all my effort to turn side to side in bed---not to mention not sleeping well at all! Sex is similarly a laughable endeavor here!

Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time these days! I usually don't have anyone but DH to "complain" to IRL so it's good to know I'm not the only one dealing with the less than pleasant aspects of a pregnancy!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm sorry!

I can relate to all of you. My hips and lower back ache, drinking water at night gives me heartburn, I constantly have to pee, and I"m always having to change my underwear from all the leaking (and I also do my kegels). The worst is that my 15 month old son is a really bad sleeper. He wakes up every half hour to hour and wants to nurse all night and laying on one side for too long really hurts (not to mention that my nipples feel like they're on fire every time he nurse). I haven't slept for more than 3 hours straight since I got pregnant and I'm so tired I feel like I'm about to loose my mind! I'm sorry that it's hard for all of you too, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Renee and other posters, I understand your feelings! I have been achy in my hip, the baby is sitting on my pelvis and I feel crampy, my feet hurt. Worst of all, I am so irritable and little things set me off. The neighbor using his chainsaw at 8 a.m. Ds resisting my help in brushing his teeth. I feel like I've been so upbeat the last few months (the first trimester was another story!) and I'm frustrated I'm feeling so irritable again.

Anyone have any herbal recommendations? I bought some peaceful mama tea from earth mama angel baby and just need to start drinking it. But I'd appreciate some other rec's too. I heard chamomile, lemon balm, and nettle are safe to take during pregnancy. Also flaxseed oil. It's time to start some holistic remedies.

Ds still takes naps and is sleeping well but it scares me how much I crave a full eight hours. I know I can't rely on regular blocks of sleep once the baby is here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelleybelly
:The worst is that my 15 month old son is a really bad sleeper.
Hmmm...seemed to have left out on my ranting vent, we are also transitioning my 3 yr.old daughter out of our bed into her Big girl room. She won't stay there, she wants tucked in, and stays no more then 5 mintues then comes down and says there's a elf on her wall. So then being lazy, she comes right down, and she stays downstairs till she falls asleep, then John takes her up to her bed, and she sleeps all night there.

Then we got our Ryan, for the past month or two he has been extremley clingy. He has to literally hug me, if he feels any movement, or when I go pee at night, he crys, and wakes up. He will be 2 at the end of January. We are still co-sleeping with him, but another worry of mine, is that he is a brut of a little boy. I am so afraid when the baby comes she will get squished by him, as he does not care, anything to get to mama at night.

Austin my 11 yr. old seems like he is doing ok in his room, but then we got the daily sheets, comforter washing. He still has a problem, and it goes through the goodnights, even though no drink past 6 pm. It is just alot. I do feel a bit better after ranting though, so thanks mamas for understanding, and I see that I am not alone in the ways I am feeling.

And then the last is my husband and the stunts he pulls, like coming home 2 am.....stories all in itself there.
Hugs,
Renee

·
Registered
179 Posts
to all of us momma's! Shelley - I thought I was the only person who got heartburn from water!
What the heck is up with that?. I've been feeling like I wish I could just check into a hotel, get a message (or two) and just sleep for 2 days straight! The thing is I should be thankful, Annika sleeps through the night. She goes down at 9:30pm (momma could go to sleep at 8:30pm) and then wakes up somewhere between 7-8am. My DOG however, insists on getting up 3-4 times a night 'on patrol' and we have hardwood floors so I hear tick-tick-tick-tick! He's making me nuts! Renee - what is it with husbands? Mine has suddenly decided he 'has' to play tennis 3-4 times a week and at least two of those times they all go have beers after. He can't seem to remember to call me to tell me he will be coming home late, then when he comes home @1am and gets up with Annika the next day complaigning about how tired he is, makes me want to scream!

At least we are all in good company!

Nikki

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hello ladies....I FEEL YOUR PAIN...literally...lol. I too have tons of aches and pains, and trust me I am on pregnancy #5 and the more you have the looser and more uncomfortable the joints are and SO MUCH EARLIER!!!! Funny thing though ladies...while we suffer horribly now...many of us will once again do this again...the love we feel when that babe is born is enough to make us forget all of the aches, heartburn, cramping, and peeing at all hours of the day and night. Just keep trying to grin and bear it, I know that is easier said then done.
Alicia

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you hadn't started this thread, I would have. That's what I was coming here to do when I found you all. Sorry we're all feeling like this. I just can't believe how much time is left. The other night I was up reading stories of 27 weekers just to see if it would be okay to have the baby now
:. Yeah right! DD was almost 42 weeks. Anyhow, I had one good thing happen yesterday. I forgot that I was pregnant for about 10 minutes! I was walking downtown w/dd (really fast, I might add), and it was so cold (20 degrees and *windy*!) that I didn't notice any pregnancy-related discomforts. Just the freezing cold. So I recommend this to anyone who lives in a similar climate.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
This is "only" baby #2 for me, but I'm also 5 years older and it's a lot more uncomfortable much earlier this time, too! I don't sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, though last night I got a 4-hour stretch and felt so happy when I woke that I could have cried. My pubic symphisis pain has actually gotten a little better in the last week or so -- maybe the baby changed positions or something. Before it was excruciating every time I got up from sitting or lying down, now it's only uncomfortable, LOL. I hope that holds for a while.

I'm so so so so so so so sick of hearing how big I am. It started around Halloween and now it's frequent. Why do people think that it's so interesting and funny to tell someone they are surely having twins or a big baby? I can't believe I'm going to have to listen to this for more than 2 more months! My therapist suggested I could smile and say, "Yeah, I *am* big, aren't I?!" in a very pleased way, like I am so proud of it and it's a great thing. Maybe I'll try that. But the irritated me wants to say something more along the lines of "I'm due in February - when are YOU due?" (to anyone, young/old/male/female).

This is such hard and important work our bodies (and minds and spirits) are doing. We all deserve a hug and a pat on the back for doing it the best we can manage. Once or twice my DH has said, "Thank you for having our baby" and it's just felt so good. I know having a baby was my choice, but that doesn't mean I don't desperately want to be appropriately recognized for the hard work of growing, birthing, and raising children!

Carol

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alicia9178
Funny thing though ladies...while we suffer horribly now...many of us will once again do this again...the love we feel when that babe is born is enough to make us forget all of the aches, heartburn, cramping, and peeing at all hours of the day and night.
Alicia
I call it "Mama Amnesia"
Otherwise we would never do this willingly again.

The past two days I have been sooooo miserable. My back hurts, my groin is sore, I'm walking like the Bride of Frankenstein, and have even resorted to the belly sling/girdle thingie. I'm on the heating pad as I type.

I think the next purchase I make will be some XXL drawstring sweatpants and extra tall sweatshirts since that willl be all I can fit into for the next 3 months.

·
Registered
359 Posts
baby three - yep, me too
pubic symphisis pain - oh ya, it feels like I've been kicked and has for a couple of weeks
'you're so big' comments - oh my god, its like a chorus of them and I"M 25 WEEKS

as for all of you with your laughable sex, at least you can HAVE sex, however funny it might be. After an u/s on Saturday that has revealed a less than prime location of my placenta (marginal previa) I've been advised to observe 'pelvic rest' (which means simply nothing can enter my vagina and possibly disturb my cervix) but I'm still permitted to vaccuum and pick up my kids. Oh grreeeeaat.
So I can't have a glass of wine, I can't have sex but I can clean up after master and miss whiney pants just fine.

urgh. urgh urgh.
actually if i could find a pair of maternity pants thta didn't fall down all the frigging time that would also make me feel much more comfy. I swear I'm going to put on my overalls and never take them off just out of pure frustration.

thanks for being here to listen guys.!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You guys are wonderful and honest. I am so glad to be a part of this group. It seems like IRL all of my friends/peers are more of the "Everything's great! Couldn't be better! I'm pregnant and loving it!" and it makes me feel terrible.

Andi, you post made me LOL! I hear you completely. Sex in our circumstance is ridiculous, considering we co-sleep and I fall asleep every night at 8 when I put ds to bed, then only see dh for about 2 hours a day by the time I get home from work. This time, of course, is spent cooking dinner, cleaning up and paying bills, cleaning the house, etc. I feel like I have an absentee roommate! Don't get me wrong - he does more than his share, but once that's done...well,, there's no time or energy for anything else.

Water, you say, gives you heartburn? Hey - eating nothing gives me heartburn, water gives me heartburn - I am even convinced that Tums give me heartburn!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I love hearing of all the other third time mamas~ IRL everyone looks at us like we are freaks for having another when we already have a boy AND a girl. (The only valid reason to have more children is for a specific gender, right?! Errrr!)

I was 25 with DS, 30 with DD and 32 now. So wither taking care of the other 2, just the third pg in itself or my age is making it oh, so much more tiresome. I think all Christmas shopping will be done online and I keep trying to convince DH into doing the grocery shop, just so I don't have to wear real clothes and go out anywear.

Lots of hugs to all the other pg mamas as we come into the "home stretch" (third tri.).

Carey with Abi due Feb 06

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I also get heartburn from water - it's one of the worst drinks for that for me. I can't figure out why. But bubbly water works better so I drink that instead, or take Zantac since most things are giving me heartburn these days except ice cream!

And well, we haven't had sex since we conceived. So I just don't wanna hear it from those of you for whom abstinence is a recent thing!
We've had a few mc's so didn't want to do it early on, then I was nauseous all the time, then I got sciatica, now I'm just too big and uncomfortable. I wish I was one of those who had a strong drive in the second trimester, but all I wanted to do was sleep. DH has not pushed it at all, but sometimes I think he should try, especially given that it will probably be awhile on the other side too, til I feel into it.

Also have shortness of breath, no clothes that fit anymore, leak pee (and kegels do not help me either) and have gained more weight now than I did my whole previous pregnancy (hmmm, see comment above about ice cream).

Sorry to hear so many of us are in the same boat already...

·
Registered
686 Posts
:
. Yes I could live without the bladder leaking, I started using pads if I go somewhere because I am afraid I will leak too much, not mention when I told my dr about it she said if it doesn't go away we should consider surgery later on
what is that about all pregnant women do this. Right? Geez. And of course there is the cramping and back pain and the fact that my little baby sits right under my ribs and I can no longer breath. I am 30 weeks but I have a feeling she will be coming in January. Just a feeling. I do have to treasure this though, this will be my last. My dh has MS and is on cytoxin/solumedrol drip once a month which will make him sterile. We weren't planning on having anymore anyway but it sucks knowing that now we simply can't.
I can't wait to have the baby in my arms, as I am sure all of you feel like this too. What a wonderful thing that we have each other to [email protected] too.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
My physical pain comes and goes. I'm 31.5 wks and I was having a lot of lower pelvic pain but that's gone now which makes me worried that he/she has flipped to a breech position or something. I've been wearing a pad or pantyliner the whole pg which is no fun. I must be waddling by now although noone has said anything to me about it. Heartburn - oh yeah! Got that too, no matter what I eat.
All I really feel like doing is laying in my big soft bed and sleeping the day away but that's not going to happen, lol!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
daymen's mommy, I had the rib thing bad yesterday myself! Today is a little better. Yesterday I couldn't get situated in any decent position or breathe comfortably the entire day. Today is only about 1/2 as bad. I am freaking out since I'm only 31.5 weeks...what if there are 10 more weeks of this? My first pregnancy I was aghast at women who complained and were hoping for a somewhat early birth. I thought it was all in their minds, but now I realize that I just felt so much better last time!

Carol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.