Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is almost 11 months and is playing around with walking. She has been wearing Robeez and I like them but the elastic ankle is too tight on her and leaves marks. She has a very high instep. Anyway, does anybody have a rec for a soft soled shoe that does NOT have an elastic ankle. TIA

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Star Child and Wee Steps (?) are like Robeez. Maybe the ankle won't be as tight... you could try out-stretching the elastic, or snip it a bit. Also, dd is 11 mo, and has some "Sherpa booties"... wool booties from Nepal; she loves 'em... scotch-guard the bottoms, or if you sew, stitch on a leather sole.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
A couple of things- I wouldn't bother with shoes at all until she's walking outside- if her feet are cold inside get some socks with the grabby stuff on the bottom.<br><br>
My dd got my super-high instep too, so I hear you on that. I just got some pedoodles that are okay and we have some from target that aren't bad. I found the mossfeet shoes to be the loosest at the ankles. BUT the elastic is not a bad idea... wait a few weeks until you are losing shoes everywhere you go... and she takes them off while you're carrying her... and she leaves one in the highchair at the restaurant... etc etc etc. I gave up looking for looser shoes and just use ones that just leave a LITTLE indentation on her ankle (not red, just a little mark where I can see where the elastic is, and trust me, they don't bother me or she'd let me know... and take them off- sigh)<br><br>
hope that helps!<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I expected a little mark but they were deep and red. I'll have to try. We spend alot of time outside and live in the South so it's still warm enough for it. She can take like 3 steps at a time so i know she will be off and running any day now. In the house she just goes barefoot.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Joshoes do have elastic but it's much more lose.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can you try going up a size? My dd has plump feet and her Robeez starting leaving marks before I though her feet were too long for them. We tried the next size up and it fits much better elastic-wise and is still not too long for her. I think there is a lot of overlap between sizes.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
We just ordered some Pedoodles from an ebay store, $30 with free shipping. They are soft leather and have a very thin, flexible rubber sole--haven't tried them yet, but have heard great things about them--they fasten with velcro. DD also has a pair of soft shoes that were leaving deep marks--also bought on ebay, called Cozy's. Just this afternoon I removed the elastic and put in a larger piece--dd (she's 13 months) is now happily wearing them, and they're staying on fine. I don't know if this would be possible to do with Robeez, but you could give it a try. I used a safety pin to thread the new elastic through.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Have you seen Isabooties? Really cute-<a href="http://www.isabooties.com" target="_blank">www.isabooties.com</a> similar to the Robeez and others, but I don't think the elastic is tight...just another option for you!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Rozzie's ma, I compared the pedoodles and the see kai run shoes at a little shop the other day, and the see kai run had softer rubber on the soles than the pedoodles, imo. They were REALLY cute, too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts