Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a baby 9.5 weeks ago. I am normally a very regular (period) person. I was alittle concerned that I hadnt had my period yet as it arrived 6 weeks pp with DD.<br><br>
On Friday I took a HPT it was negative. Yesterday I took another and there were 2 lines! One was faint but you could see it. So I took another last night and again there was that line!<br><br>
I feel like my period is coming i.e. crampy. I did spot 2 saturdays ago.<br><br>
Could I pregnant this soon after having a baby? Yes we did have unprotected sex but that was at 4 weeks pp-that would make me 5 weeks pregnant! How can that be???<br><br>
Please help!<br><br><br>
I also put this is the I'm pregnant area (sorry I am new here)<br>
I did call the doctor-yet to hear back.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My MIL got pregnant less than 6 weeks PP, and she had her 1st and 2nd children in the same year (In Jan & Dec 1975 I think). So yes it is possible. Definitely go see the doctor to be sure.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Its possible. I think earliest known ovulation in the medical literature was at 21 days postpartum. This was in a bottle feeding mom though. Are you breastfeeding exclusively? It would seem highly unlikely to have such an early return of fertility (4 weeks postpartum!) if you were exclusively breastfeeding. I think the statistic is a 1% chance of pgcy prior to 6 months if your period has not yet returned. Another thought... maybe you still have some pgcy hormones in your system from the 1st pgcy?<br>
take care<br>
elaine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts