Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can y'all help me find some more great books/authors/websites?

i got your recommendations for "playful parenting" here and asked author larry cohen to host a chat at mommychats.com and last nite's chat went fantastic! (working on getting the transcripts up this morning, hopefully...the link to it will be on the homepage when its up.)

and i don't know where i learned about dr jay gordon...but that chat was super successful as well!

also have positive discipline chats from the people at www.positivediscipline.com coming up soon, on a monthly basis...and so now i'm looking for more ideas!

i have written to dr sears and katie granju, but have yet to get a response yet...

i need more ideas for "experts" on parenting related issues that i could contact about possibly hosting a chat at mommychats....

so what are your favorite parenting books and do you know if the author has a website?

thanks in advance! you guys are very educated mamas, i know, so i thought it would be a good place to ask!

tina
mommy to maeven, 3.5yrs and our angel baby boy baelin, stillborn 4/17/04 at 41.5wks for reasons unknown

·
Registered
272 Posts
Here are just a few...

Elizabeth Pantley (No-Cry Sleep Solution)
Ruth Yaron (Super Baby Food)
Sheila Kitzinger (lots o' books on pregnancy & first year of motherhood)
Kathleen Wiggins (Nursing Mother's Companion)
Laura Davis and Janis Keyser (Becoming the Parent You Want to Be)
Malcolm and Laura Gauld (title? Most Important Job in the World or something like that)
Anne Lamott (mmm, maybe a bit fluffy but might be interesting)
Meredith Small (Our Babies, Ourselves)
Rahima Baldwin Dancy (You are Your CHild's First Teacher)

Thanks for organizing them. I missed the Larry Cohen chat but
love his book.

Priya :)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'm SO SORRY I missed the chat with Dr. Cohen! Turned out to be DH's first day off in weeks, soooooo... we went to the park and PLAYED with DS instead. I'm anxious to read the transcripts.

I would like to add Barbara Coloroso (KIDS ARE WORTH IT) to your experts to contact list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts