Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, seriously, I used to be a great sleeper - dead to the world for 8-10 hours or just as long as I could have, and I could sleep through anything! Since I had my son in April 06, any small noise sets me off. I was taking Calms Forte with some success after he weaned and I could sleep the whole night through next to my husband (aka the chainsaw snorer). Since I got pregnant, my body is even more tired and more likely to wake and stay awake at any small noise. I need to get some sleep or I'm gonna go nutty. To be clear, I fall asleep just fine and stay asleep unless I hear something, then I'm UP! Is there anything herbal and safe to help with sleep?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earplugs don't work. I wish they did, but my ears get sore in the night and I pull them out in my sleep. Basically, they work to get me to fall asleep, but it wears off.<br><br>
momsleep sucks. I need to get some sleep. I'm crabby and since caffeine's on the no-no list for the next 2 years, I need a solution of some type other than sleeping in the spare room.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm due any day now and I started taking Motherwort tincture this weekend. I was getting anxious about birthing and not sleeping well. I am very attached to my Motherwort. It absolutely works for me. HOWEVER, please research it and make sure it is safe to take earlier in pregnancy. I *think* it is but do not take my word for it.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Its not herbal, but I have been taking a childrens dose of benadryl (12.5 mg) and it helps. Without it I dont think Id get sleep at this point...almost 40 weeks now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts