Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 daughters - 2 years and 9 months. My 2 year old has some difficulty sharing with her sister and can sometimes be quite rough with her. She is quite verbal, so we are trying to get her to tell her sister, and us, what she wants (be it her sister leaving her toys alone, moving out of her way, etc). We have had some success with this. We have explained to her why hitting, pushing, etc. is not acceptable and that it hurts. I'm not a big fan of time outs. I have read several books on discipline and have not found a satisfatory answer to this issue. We do not want our 9 month old to get hurt and we do not want this to escalate into sibling rivalry with our 9 month old always playing the victim role. Nor do we want our 2 year old to get attention from us for this behavior. We try to ignore some behaviors, but some we just can't. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.