Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where I should post this but here goes.

Ok, initially, I was going to buy 2 dollmaking kits at Joy's Waldorf dolls - the 16" companion dolls. I kind of go back and forth between making them and just buying them...by the time I factor in the pre-made head I MUST get, the expert stuffing tool, etc.

And then, I saw the Heavy Baby dolls on the site:

http://www.joyswaldorfdolls.com/wald...heavy_baby.htm

Oh my. They are so loverly.

Can anyone give me opinions?

I have 2 boys - ages 3.5 and 1.5. Should I get them the exact same doll? Or do you think its okay to get them different dolls - like a Heavy Baby for the little one, and a companion doll for the older one? I just don't know.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I won't buy from that company but that is a personal choice.

If it is going to be a more stress and hassle to make the dolls then I would buy them straight out. If you think you will enjoy making the dolls and can get them done without stressing too much and not be upset if for any reason they aren't immediately loved then take the time and make them yourself.

Do your boys usually argue over the same toys? If they do then I would lean towards getting them the same style doll - maybe in a different color if that wouldn't cause problems. Based just on age I would probably buy two of the same but it really depends on the kids.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I would get a heavy baby doll! They are so charming

My girls like the weighted dolls (we have a weighted bear) Are they heatable for witner? I am not sure if that doll is meant to be, but our weighted bear holds heat for 2 hours!

I love the quality of products and materials I have used and purchased from Joys. I am sure you'll be pleased with the products there!

Are you looking for gifts giving for an occassion or just to get them?
You could always get one and see how both children like it, and then base the decision on what to get next after you have seen their reaction?!

My older daughter always was drawn to the small pocket dolls, while my younger likes the big, soft, toddler geared waldorf dolls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.