Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never have any luck selling on TP. I always price as low as I think is fair and say "obo", bu I haven't been able to sell anything.

I bought diapers thinking if I didn't like them I could always sell them, but looks like I may be stuck with a bunch of diapers that don't work for us. I mean, I guess I could always sell them very very cheap...

Maybe people only buy used when it's hyena?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Have you posted them on other diapering FSOT boards, too? Like at diaperpin, for example? You might try that, or selling them on ebay, before you give up.

Or, just put them away and try again at another time. I've done this several times, and the things I think will never sell always end up selling the next time I post them.
You might wait until after summer -- summer is notoriously slow on the TP, ebay, everywhere, really.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I feel your pain, mama.
s

I've had a hard time practically giving away things. I think it goes in cycles. When I was first here the TP was always bouncing w/activity and it wasn't hard to get rid of things at all. I hate to say it, but I think the new TP rule about it being invisible until 60 days/50 posts has a lot to do with it. I totally get why they did this (from the buyer's perspective only), but I think it's hurting everyone else. I'm only selling on eBay now b/c I got tired of bumping up my listings every day and having 2 pages in one FS thread w/no interest.
I'd rather pay the fees on eBay than have the same FS thread that nobody's interested in for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Me either! I got desperate last week and posted stuff that barely left me any $$ after shipping. I just wanted to clear it all out already! I'm selling the same stuff you are right now and I'm not having any luck either! Such awesome diapers too...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think some of it has to do with the TP rules. I am new here and can not look at the TP for another 20 days. Look at posting at some other diaper swap sites as since I am not able to look here, I look at the other ones. I think a lot of new people do the same. Feel free to PM me also, maybe there is something I would be interested in!!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The other day, I was searching the TP and noticed that a lot of sellers will list something by it's abreviation.. like VB AIO or AW AIO for example. But, if I try to do a search for VB AIO, the sytem tells me that it's not long enough to search for. I don't read every post, so if something is listed by it's abreviation, I might never see it even if I'm looking for that particular diaper.

That might not be the problem, but do make sure when you list something, you list it by it's name "very baby AIO" or "angelwraps AIO" so that people can find it using the search feature.

I always have hit and miss luck at the TP also. I get better results if everything is listed with the price that includes shipping. Seems slow right now. It'll pick back up.

amber

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by momsmyjob
I really think it has a lot to do with the new rules. Nothing sells on the TP anymore unless it's something hyena and even then it could sit there

I agree. I bought almost all my newborn stash off the TP several months ago before the rule change. I don;t have much time to post (and I don;t want to spam the site with useless posts), so now, even though I need to update the stash for the growing bub, I cannot even see the TP to buy any new stuff. It is very frustrating on the buying end...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tippytoes26
The other day, I was searching the TP and noticed that a lot of sellers will list something by it's abreviation.. like VB AIO or AW AIO for example. But, if I try to do a search for VB AIO, the sytem tells me that it's not long enough to search for. I don't read every post, so if something is listed by it's abreviation, I might never see it even if I'm looking for that particular diaper.
Amber, you need to modify the way you are searching. Put a plus sign in front of what you are looking for, and it will work.

For example, to find a VB AIO, search for +VB +AIO

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Don't tell me this, I am trying to get up my nerve to sell all the dipes we don't use
I thought the TP moved and hopped other than around Christmas.

I'm not a hyena so even thought I have nice dipes they won't sell
man now I'm depressed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know if I would worry. When did the new rules for the TP start. I think once a lot of newer people are able to get on buying will pick up. As I said I still cannot see it for another 20 days even though I could have the required number of posts earlier.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
ETA: check it out, I'm a senior member now! Woohoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejunker
Amber, you need to modify the way you are searching. Put a plus sign in front of what you are looking for, and it will work.

For example, to find a VB AIO, search for +VB +AIO

Hope that helps!
Wow, I had no idea that I could do that... I've had that same search problem! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I agree that there is a chance that the rules is causing some of it. I needed to get diapers for my daughter because I was not willing to wait another 60 days to go full time but couldn't afford to buy them all brand new either so I went to Diaperpin's FSOT board and got some really nice stuff, but if I could have gotten on the TP I would have likely gotten it there because I hate jumping between sites all the time to see what is going on.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
When did the rules change? I know when I joined in April it was 50post 60days. I have till the end of the month but I really needed diapers so I have bought alot new. I never heard of diaperpin. I am going to have to find that one.
Jeana

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
i agree, the rule change is a bummer for a lot of sellers and buyers. when I was first starting out, I bought everything from the tp to figure out what i would like - and this was way before I had the guts to post anything. so think of all the potential mamas who are missing out on being able to buy their first fluff from the tp and then think of all the diapers that have a difficult time finding a new home

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
So sorry mama! ITA with all the pps, it's probably a combination of all the things they mentioned. Plus, we have less money during the summer because my 2 directing jobs are school-year only, (one of those is my "fun money") and gardening/landscaping causes more expenses in the summer. So maybe other families have more outdoor expenses or less income that affects their purchases. Try again later, maybe you'll have more luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts