Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I would want to be called Mama, maybe Mommy or Mom but not Mama. I don't know why I just didn't think I liked the way it sounded. I never thought I would CD (but I do, newly) I never thought I would breastfeed for so long, I never knew how much it was possible to love another tiny human. I never knew what I would sacrifice, and how little like sacrifice it would feel.

I have learned a lot in the past few years - two dd's, unexpected though welcome, have taught me much about myself and more about my ability to love. There is nothing I would not do, and it is my misson to learn as much as possible on their behalf.

And so, this week with dd#2, we began CDing.

I have never been so happy. I rant and rave to all my friends, my inlaws, my sisters, anyone who will listen. My DD turned one today, and she showed off her new stash and turned a lot of heads - a remarkable number of people supported us with CD gifts for her #1 Birthday.

But only this forum has made me into a Mama.

I have read and read and I am so happy and proud to know you all. I have learned so much in the last few days, and I know more than I ever thought I would, not just about CD but about the passion a Mama feels about her babes and their wellbeing. I wish I would have known about you with dd#1 three years ago; I am so glad to have you now.

Thank you all for all you are. I am so glad to know that I Am Not Alone.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Oh, mama
, you are so not alone! I'm so glad to see a newbie post that you feel welcome and that you are learning from us, and not just about CD, but also about yourself as a mother ... or mama! That is so cool! I totally think that is the goal of these forums, to offer like-minded people a chance to explore themselves and their worlds within a like-minded community that offers support, encouragement, enlightenment, stress-relief, a shoulder, whatever.

So, welcome! And please keep posting!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site too...........I used to waste a lot of time on a mainstream site that shall remain unnamed. Now, I might be online about the same amount of time, but I LEARN. (part of it is the lovely LACK OF TROLLS on this site....
in addition to people who think outside the box and will tell anybody why.)

I too never thought I'd EVER cd, but I'm doing it today! I never thought I'd question anything a doctor did for my baby, but I do now. I never thought I'd be 'that mama' who doesn't feed her baby anything with a fake dye or lots of sugar, but guess what? I'm the mama shoppin every Saturday (after baby sign language, another thing I never thought I'd spend money on) down at the health food co-op and my child thinks all-natural organic teething biscuits are 'cookies!' OK so he is EIGHT MONTHS OLD...

I used to honestly think it was kind of weird that my one friend bf her kids till they were 2....not weaning at a year, or when they could bite seemed weird to me. Now, if I could've gotten my baby to latch on and stay there, heck YEAH I would've let him stay there.....nonstop if he wanted..........till he was FIFTEEN if that would make him happy.............OK so that's an exaggeration, but 2 isn't 'weird' anymore.

I used to think I knew what I'd do.............and then I became somebody's mama.......and suddenly, I know NOTHING...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.