Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>When I was a kid I was really into dinosaurs. I loved playing with the plastic dinosaurs we had at school (Montessori, yay!) and I was into pretty much anything dinosaur. My big fascination probably only lasted a year or two (5-6 years old-ish) but I have always been into them ever since.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS will be 5 in just over two weeks and he has gotten into dinosaurs recently. So now we are reading about dinosaurs a LOT. It's almost ridiculous. I now know more types of dinosaurs than I did as a child. I looked through books to figure out what happened to brontosaurus and what's up with brachiosaurus. Pteranodons and pterodactyls. The dilophosaurus in Jurassic Park. So on and so forth.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else being overloaded on dinosaurs? Haha.</p>

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
<p> </p>
<p>I have forgotten most of it now, but a dozen years ago, I could say the same thing. Luckily there are a lot of resources for learning about dinosaurs, in books, DVDs, museum exhibitions etc. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you get the chance to visit a dig site or an area where lots of fossils have been found, it's a lot of fun.  Or you can create your own with some replica models that are sold in educational stores like Scholar's Choice. </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
<p>We've been inundated with dinosaurs for the last THREE YEARS. DS1 got interested in them when he was 2, and he's still going strong. We're actually considering a family vacation next year out west to Alberta. I have no desire to go to Alberta, I'd rather go to Newfoundland, but there aren't any T-Rexes in Newfoundland. lol I have two more DSes, so I'm guessing by the time I'm done raising them, I should be able to apply for a job at the museum as a paleontologist. :)</p>

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<p>My DD is planning on becoming a paleontologist. Her "hero" is Alice Evelyn Wilson, Canada's first female paleontologist. Well, better than Cinderella!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was never very "in" to dinosaurs, but I absorbed quite a bit because my brother was. But yeah, I've learned a LOT in the past year or so. We are planning a trip to the badlands either next summer or the summer after.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(There's apparently a decent dinosaur museum in Parrsborough in NS - it's closer to NL... ;) )</p>

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
<p>Not dinosaurs, but I've learned more than I ever wanted know about: Garbage trucks, fire trucks, buses and bus routes, penguins and now baseball! "Mom, what do you think the most runs scored in a major league game is?" "Mom, do you think the Twins will have all of their players back?" "Mom, are there any major league teams that have never won a World Series?" I was actually missing the old "why" stage when we were driving this weekend.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts