Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly trying to build my diaper stash and have been having to buy used in because of limited funds. I recently won 2 diapers off of eBay and I got them yesterday. Right when I opened the package I smelled something. Didn't know what I was smelling...my nose detected something! After getting a closer "sniff", one of the diapers smelled so bad like urine. I have now washed that diaper 3 times (last time with baking soda) and it still stinks! It is the first diaper I have bought that has fleece on the outside...could this be why it stinks? Does fleece hold odors? I'm so sad cause there is no way I'm using a used stinky diaper on my dd.

On a more positive note, I won an auction for a cool striped Becca Bottoms AIO and I LOVE it! I love the soaker...super absorbant! My dd actually slept in it last night with no problems (about 4 hours). It's stylish and dependable!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Fleece does hold smells. I only learned that when I started using Fuzzi Bunz...
otherwise I never had fleece. I tried baking soda but found that Borax works a lot better to get rid of the smell for me anyway. I do a BS soak, rinse, and add a bit of borax to the wash. I don't have to use it everytime but when I notice my FB stinking, in goes some borax!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gross! I can't believe someone would send you stinky diapers. I would be mortified! Try borax as suggested or perhaps some distilled white vinegar. The baking soda wash and vinegar rinse has worked wonders for me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've now done an additional wash on top of soaking it in cold water and baking soda. Still smells very strong. I e-mailed the person who sold it to me and let her know about the smell. I'm hoping she offers to refund my money or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.